• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My "idiot proof" Ploprof clasp fix !!..>>>

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Whwn you trim down your rubber strap, cut a 2MMx12MM strip off the part you remove, then super glue it to the strap here:
IMG_2096.jpg

(I blackened the piece for easier visibility)
this simple fix prevents the clasp center bars from touching the release bar, without any metal working, or bending!!
here's the closed clasp with the fix in place:
IMG_2097.jpg

The clasp still fits snug to the wrist, as the flexibility of the rubber is quite good..
Works fine, and even I can do it!!

tfbit

Horology Curious
26/11/08
That is essentially what the gen clasp has, a higher spot that keeps the push button from being pressed.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Dammit! I just trimmed my strap last night. Time to dig in the garbage for a spare piece...:(

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Should work on either version..>>

but I have never seen a V-2 up close....

Devedander

20/10/06
Very interesting... mine doens't seem to move but maybe that's because I keep it almost all the way tucked in (to avoid trimming any more than I have to).

lucas_buck

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/12
I've received a v1.5 from Tony recently and I have the same issue too.

If I flex me wrist/hand in a certain way, the clasp slips and I have a feeling it is because the base of my wrist moves and pushes on the 'press' bit of the clasp.

Devedander, even if I have the strap as far into the clasp as possible like yourself, it will still slip and eventually expand to the maximum of the clasp movement.