• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my gen POC

phil28

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/07
DSC02460-Copy.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

My gen POC. I've had it for about 6 months.Just wanted to illustrate some of the reps more obvious tells. I do not have the rep but have seen pics. First is the sub dial spacing on the autos, but i know this is kinda fixed on th quartz versions. But there are still other tells.

for example: the case of the gen chrono is thicker, and has a polished lip on the bottom of both sides that adds to the thickness, my gen pic shows it. The rep looks like it uses the same thinner case as the non chrono PO.
DSC02445-Copy.jpg

and here:

DSC02446-Copy.jpg

the next obvious flaw is the pearl, the gen has it centered on the triangle not too low, my UPO is really nice, but has this flaw as well, an easy tell.

DSC02451-Copy.jpg

Next obvious flaw is the date wheel and numerals. the gen's are really crisp and thin.

DSC02450-Copy.jpg

and who can forget the world/omega symbol on the back.

DSC02456-Copy.jpg

There you go, hope these pics help. I've seen a lot of non chrono comparison pics, but the gen chrono version pics are hard to come by. The rep is OK from what I've seen in pics, but too many flaws. The UPO on the other hand is pretty accurate. So, I have a few more pics if there is any interest in them.

DSC02458-Copy.jpg

jetrigger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
That is a beautiful watch. Thanks for posting it.

JSL

12/1/09
Very nice. Omega sure makes a quality time piece.

phil28

8/6/07
Glad you guys like it. It really is an amazing watch. It feels substantial on the wrist.