• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep purchase ! Rolex Datejust mint green

Antho66

Getting To Know The Place
29/1/23
France
Hello

First of all I had to say thank you to everyone : I have plenty of informations with threads in this forum, and that help me a lot to make my choice for what I want, and from what factory, so thank you :)

So, my first purchase is a Rolex Datejust 41mm mint green with Jubilee and fluted bezel from Clean Factory with Jtime

Why Clean Factory ? I read in different thread the crystal is better with VSF but… mint green dial look amazing at CF and it’s very important for me because I’m in love with this green ! I see pictures of CF and VSF ones on threads, and in my opinion I prefer the CF dial. Also, I read CF have now « V2 », so I think that’s better now !

Can’t wait to have QC and share this to you ! (The end of CNY and the restart is the 4th february for Jtime, that’s why my purchase is not confirmed now and don’t have QC), so I wait the 4th 😍

I read I have to verify on QC the dial, the alignement, and how the date change is close to midnight, and the alignement of the cyclope with the date…

Have you any other tips for what to verify and how to verify ? Or just other tips I don’t see ?

Thanks ;)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Congratulations, and enjoy your new rep!

There is often confusion about what QC is actually for. Can I just draw your attention to these posts regarding the purpose of QC:

Hope that helps.

Antho66

29/1/23
France
Congratulations, and enjoy your new rep!

There is often confusion about what QC is actually for. Can I just draw your attention to these posts regarding the purpose of QC:

Hope that helps.
Okay understood :) can I just post QC when I recive it, just for sharing the watch and my happiness with the forum ? (Without questioning about « defaults »)

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Just an example. The mint on left is Clean with its standard crystal, the right is VSF with standard crystal. See how much more reflection on Clean. ( look at the cyclops )

The second picture is the same mint green watch picture taken in same place and similar light as first picture but with a PROF crystal fitted, much closer to how the VSF and GEN crystal is and also makes the colour better. ( also changed from fluted to smooth bezel )

The moral of the story is, when you get the watch if you don’t like the crystal you can change it for VSF, PROF or genuine. Enjoy it!!!!

Last edited:

Antho66

29/1/23
France
Just an example. The mint on left is Clean with its standard crystal, the right is VSF with standard crystal. See how much more reflection on Clean. ( look at the cyclops )

The second picture is the same mint green watch picture taken in same place and similar light as first picture but with a PROF crystal fitted, much closer to how the VSF and GEN crystal is and also makes the colour better. ( also changed from fluted to smooth bezel )

The moral of the story is, when you get the watch if you don’t like the crystal you can change it for VSF, PROF or genuine. Enjoy it!!!!

Wow, the difference of reflection is insane ! It really depends of pictures and different lights !

But CF have updated the crystal with a V2 or I am wrong ?

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I believe this was a CFV2, the shelf on the bezel ie the little triangles on the fluted bezel are flatter as with the V2 - but remember these are rep's, so it could even be a hybrid where it has a v1 and v2 parts as they start to roll out the newer version.

I'm wearing the green DJ today and the reflection is nowhere near as bad as originally, so this is good news right - as it means if you don't like what you get, it's a simple enough change for a watchmaker and not too expensive!

Last edited:
Reactions: Seaboy85

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
also you asked is there anything else. I would suggest that if you are going to keep this watch for a long time and don't mind spending a little money on it, send it straight away for a service. It is a rep , it doesnt have the same QA as Rolex, so the person who build the watch or made the dial might have not made it well, there are so many rep's that have dirt and too much or not enough grease on the movement. So if you dont mind spending and want to keep it as your "good" watch, then look up a good watchsmith or ask people on the French forum who to send the watch to for Service and watch proofing.

Reactions: Mr. Jackpot

Antho66

29/1/23
France
I believe this was a CFV2, the shelf on the bezel ie the little triangles on the fluted bezel are flatter as with the V2 - but remember these are rep's, so it could even be a hybrid where it has a v1 and v2 parts as they start to roll out the newer version.

I'm wearing the green DJ today and the reflection is nowhere near as bad as originally, so this is good news right - as it means if you don't like what you get, it's a simple enough change for a watchmaker and not too expensive! yes, when I reciv
also you asked is there anything else. I would suggest that if you are going to keep this watch for a long time and don't mind spending a little money on it, send it straight away for a service. It is a rep , it doesnt have the same QA as Rolex, so the person who build the watch or made the dial might have not made it well, there are so many rep's that have dirt and too much or not enough grease on the movement. So if you dont mind spending and want to keep it as your "good" watch, then look up a good watchsmith or ask people on the French forum who to send the watch to for Service and watch proofing.
Thank you for your advice, because I want it for a longtime, so it’s a good information that I can swap the Crystal and also make a good service on it 😁

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Okay understood :) can I just post QC when I recive it, just for sharing the watch and my happiness with the forum ? (Without questioning about « defaults »)
If you GL'd your QC and there's no going back you can share your pics for the community to enjoy (then please specify you already GL'd the watch).
If you are in doubt with your QC pics, as explained in the threads @p0pperini shared, you can post a couple of pics with one or two of your specific doubts/questions.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Regarding the above advice about sending a new rep off to be serviced straight away, I'd just add that there are two schools of thought when it comes to this. Personally, I'm in the other camp, which prefers not to spend out unnecessarily on a rep until/unless it misbehaves. Yes it's very likely that your movement hasn't had the care lavished on its construction that a gen has, but then again, it may have been pretty well put together and lubed adequately. So I only get mine looked at if there's an obvious mechanical issue. I dread to think what I'd have spent on top of rep purchase costs if I routinely sent every rep I bought off to be serviced.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I am in that camp, too. Leave them be until they run. Just be gentle with the crown...

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I am in the other camp...I agree totally with me :) but...strangely also agree with P and F ;) if it isn't broken don't fix it, but its nice to know that you can get it serviced and not have to just throw in the bin eh👍

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo and P..DR..D

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I am in the other camp...I agree totally with me :) but...strangely also agree with P and F ;) if it isn't broken don't fix it, but its nice to know that you can get it serviced and not have to just throw in the bin eh👍
I have the same policy, agree with myself, but also agree with others when they have a point. In those cases I always say "you're not wrong, my friend"

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’m also in the camp of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Same when a light bulb goes - I’m normally ok with that. It gets fixed when Mrs Muiramas starts whining and replacing the bulb is really to shut her up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo and P..DR..D

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I’m also in the camp of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Same when a light bulb goes - I’m normally ok with that. It gets fixed when Mrs Muiramas starts whining and replacing the bulb is really to shut her up a bit.
The light bulb is a metaphor for general household, right?

Antho66

29/1/23
France
The fact is I have the intention to have this Watch for a long time, so it’s interessant to know the possibility to have a service !

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Pretty much. If somethings leaking or on fire I’ll get to it. If it’s a light bulb my first thought isn’t about replacing it but rather how long it will be before she kicks off.
Don't I know it. It's her control zone, if anything's amiss, it's a disturbance in the force, no efforts will be spared until equilibrium is restored.

• Haha
Reactions: P..DR..D

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
The fact is I have the intention to have this Watch for a long time, so it’s interessant to know the possibility to have a service !

Sorry OP, sidetracked your thread. One does not exclude the other. Keep your watch until it can and once (if) it will start malfunctioning then go after a service. I hear the latest VR movements are quite good.

Reactions: Antho66