• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First Rep - From WBK

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Hi all
New to all this but becoming addicted!!
After lots of reading about Trusted Dealers on here I decided to go with WBK for a first purchase.
My SMP, with Asian 21J auto movement, was ordered on Sunday 22nd May and delivered Saturday 28th May, and considering I live in Scotland I reckon the speed of delivery was outstanding.........many thanks Stan.
For the price I paid for this one, as a newbie, I think it is a cracking deal. I am sure you guys will have your own opinions.
Here are some photos:
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

Anyway, i am delighted with WBK and more than happy with the watch received.
Now..........which one next..........???

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
That was one of the first few watches I bought, it was a really good addition, a little small for me, but a great watch. As for your next watch, there is an endless sea of options!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Wahey! Another scotsman on the board! Where abouts are you? I'm up in Fife just over the water from Dundee.

You've got a cracking watch there, great first purchase :)

Also very awesome that you're a VIP member already!

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Bonesey - I did see that you were the token Scotsman on the forum so that I had better join to make you feel a little less left out - "ken" lol
I grew up in Fife, ....Dalgety Bay which is right next to the Forth Bridge. As you know Fifers are always famous for being tight with their cash so this replica buying caper is perfect.;)

Naylor07 - thanks for the comments. I do have quite narrow wrists so I reckon this is a size which doesnt look too big on me........although everyone has there own taste.

I wasnt really setting out to purchase an Omega as a first try, I was more into sourcing a Rolex Sub, however WBK were advertising this as in Stock so decided to take a chance on it..........and I am sooooo glad I did.

Rolex and Breitling are both still on my shopping list though........

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Pshh, token Scotsman! ;) There's a few of us I think, not that the others seem very active that is. Glad we're being reprasentative! (geddit?) You still in Dalgety Bay?

Unfortunately just a transplanted Aberdonian, I'm not sure which is worse tbh!

There's looooads of info on both Rolex and Breitling, just cruise through the sub-forums and read as much as you can.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Fit like ken

Must admit Bonesey, it is your posts that keep popping up on a lot of the stuff I have read on here lately. You have been busy!
I am now living in Edinburgh but family still live in Dalgety Bay so I am back most weekends.....not far to travel anyhoo.

You are right about the good info on here, I have been reading up on it all over the last week and I am still a long way off knowing even a small amount about these reps. It is just nice knowing that this type of forum exists.

I really found this site after ALMOST being taken in by one of the more fancy bogus sites. I was seriously considering a purchase when i decided to google the subject and thought, as usual these days, there must be a forum or two out there. Soooo glad I did, and you guys have probably stopped me losing out to the scammers.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Like any other hobby i seem to take up, i tend to go in headfirst. From not knowing the first thing about reps (or automatic watches for that matter!) back in Jan, to getting my first reps, then ordering some tools and performing my first movement swap and vintaging project a few weeks ago. All through the information on this and some other of the rep forums. That and a decent amount of cash and almost filling my watch box already :p

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
Welcome...Stan was my first dealer as well. Nice watch wear it well.

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Hi Comc, that's a good watch you have there. I've got the same watch from Stan as a daily wearer. It keeps excellent time.

Be warned you are entering the world of 'reps' and it's a one way street. There's no turning back now. :D

As you've noticed there's a wealth of knowledge from the good folk on here, always learning.

Good luck, Phil

slate

Looking Around
13/7/10
I just ordered one. i hope its as nice as people say. the pics look great!

Rowlers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/07
Nice looking watch!

I ordered the one with the Chrono's and it looks great as well. The only thing I noticed is that turning the bezel feels cheap. Not a lot of resistance. I am used to my UPO and that one has a firm click. How is yours?

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Nice SMP. Wear it well!

Is WBK's SMP the same as the one Fakemaster sources? (with the exception of Fakeys extensive inspection/mod process)

I'm referring to "base" watch? I've seen photos of both of them and in some photo's the cg's look different, pearl and hands look different...in others they look VERY similar? Could be photo angels though? If anyone has feedback please share!