• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first Omega Planet Ocean rep

4chan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/11
Ok, this is my first post here aswell as I today recieved my first rep Omega watch. Dont know much about it, I don't even know where it came from since I ordered straight from some chinese manufacturer.

I took it to the shop to get the bracelet shorten, and i'm going to pick it up this afternoon.

Posting some (not so great) pics down below, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

btw i'm from sweden, why my english is so bad.

30cvtio.jpg

261fa0l.jpg

34sik1y.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice one, great choice!!! Lately too many members are going with the po and other high end watches for first purchase... I think you are reading your lessons well but be carefull soon you will be broke!!!

Again nice watch 4chan, enjoy it and welcome to our company!

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
Hej och välkommen.
Mycket bra val av klocka,ska själv köpa en snart.
Vart gick du och fick armbandet kortat ?

4chan

15/9/11
Nice one, great choice!!! Lately too many members are going with the po and other high end watches for first purchase... I think you are reading your lessons well but be carefull soon you will be broke!!!

Again nice watch 4chan, enjoy it and welcome to our company!

Thanks!
I'll post some more and better pics later on.

Hej och välkommen.
Mycket bra val av klocka,ska själv köpa en snart.
Vart gick du och fick armbandet kortat ?

Tack tack.
Jag gick till Stjärnurmarkarna. Det ska bli spännande att se vad de säger när jag hämtar den senare idag iom. att de är aukt. återförsäljare av Omega.

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
Does anyone know what model this is please?
This looks almost identical to the one I bought from Tony @ asian7750.com.

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=100&P_id=1360&ti=

It's the model with the modded, closer in sub-dials. I have the orange version, and other than the sunken datewheel, which is common to all the 7750 modified in a tri-compax configuration, it's about as close as you'll ever get to the gen.

There are a couple of minor differences, like the position of the pushers, but no one would ever be able to tell in passing.

Anyway, that is a fantastic watch. I think it was my first Omega as well. Unfortunately, this has become an addiction for me, I can't just buy one watch...

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Congrats on the new PO. I've recently caught the "Omega Bug" myself and yours looks great. And there's "nothing" wrong with starting at the top so long as you've done your homework ( and your pockets have a bit of depth ).

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
maybe....

I'm not so sure I'd trust their descriptions or pictures that much. First of all I looked at most of their PO Chrono offerings. ALL OF THEM have the same identical desciption, they only change the color and bracelet information.

As such they all claim to be 13mm thick. That is not the case, this model is about 17mm.

They also claim the dial to have the correct non-happy feet logo. That does not correspond to most of the pictures. IN fact with about 3 or 4 exceptions, all the pictures they posted show "happy feet".

http://www.timeshops.net/8310-59545...ss-ru-ult-ver-org-org-asian-7750-28800bph.jpg

"Correct HE valve placement". No quite. like all the other models I've seen the HE lines up with the 51-52second marker (above the 50 marker), it should line up with the 49 second marker (below 50). the link below is from the Omega web site

http://www.omegawatches.com/fileadmin/images/watches/soldier-detail/22105000-20.png

LASt but not least "Anti-Magnetic Cover like genuine". The original does not have an anti-magnetic cover as far as I know. The SMP chrono does, but not the PO. I'm pretty sure the rep will ot have one either.

This is identical in every respect to the one I have, with the possible exception of the logo with no-happy feet.

My point to all this, is that I would ask for QC photos of the actual piece, and I wouldn't trust the description and photos, there's just too many discrepancies.

4chan

15/9/11
Thanks everyone, i'm more than satisfied with the watch. There are only two things i'd like to change and those two things are the bezel with the non-centered pearl and the sunken date wheel.

I really don't know if the date wheel can be fixed, if not, i'll stick to it as it is but as for the bezel i'm going to get it exchanged. Especially since i accidentaly hit the door handle this morning and scratched the black surface of it.

What else can be done to these watches to make them look more real?

And again, thanks. Keep it coming.

moochtar

Horology Curious
1/10/09
Watch looks great!
If you don`t mind me asking, how did you get in touch with a chinese factory?

4chan

15/9/11
There is a solution to the sunken date wheel. Francisco posted it in his tutorials:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/solution-for-sunken-dw-asian-39646

It's not a very easy mod though. Other than that, the pearl/bezel, and maybe a gen dial, there isn't anything else you can do to it.

This was not as easy as I hoped for. Guess I'll keep the date wheel as it is. Ordered a gen bezel this morning though :) Thanks for the link.

Watch looks great!
If you don`t mind me asking, how did you get in touch with a chinese factory?

I have a friend from China who Ive known for the last 10 years. He hooked me up with some guy last time I was there and I got to choose from miiilllions of watches. It took me quite some time to get it though, since the watches he had on the table and from which I choosed from were demos with no movements in them.