• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first experience with PO!

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Not too long ago, I dove into the world of reps.
The whole thing was overwhelming. One of the first things I did was posting a thread in the Wanted section. I don't remember my exact words, but I wanted a watch that I could use as a beater, and is water resistant.
Of the many PM's I received, the one that caught my eyes was the Omega PO. He described the watch, but I didn't know what he really was talking about nor did I know much about the PO. He told me the watch had 21j movement, serviced by a local jeweler, and is water resistant. I took the watch. I got it for $120 shipped. Was the serviced confirmed, no, but I took his words.
c3c6da86.jpg

Here it is.
I really loved it when I first got it, until I started doing some research on the PO. The date wheel isn't centered, and most importantly, the HEV's location was off compared to the 5th version PO. I was disappointed, especially because I can get the brand new, 5th gen, for $135+shipping. Not only that, the watch seems to lose about a minute a day. I've washed my hands in it, but I just wasn't brave enough and trust the words of the seller and put it in the water.
Nevertheless, the watch itself looks great. I absolutely love it. Since joining the forum, I've bought a number of watches--3 PAM's, a DSSD, 2 IWC's, and have 6 subs incoming for practicing reluming. But this is the watch I wear everyday. I get more compliments on this watch than any other watch I've worn: I think the orange really makes it stand out.
I have my eyes on another PO(maybe the 45mm this time). The only question for me is whether I should get the 4813 or 2824. Either way, I know I'll be so happy with the decision.
Love thy Omega!

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
If you absolutely love this one, order the next one with the 2824 and go franken.