• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My brother's "Heavy Duty" Seamaster.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
My brother got his Seamaster from Paul about the same time I got mine (a bit over year and a half ago). He has absolutely loved his watch and have used it as a daily beater. He has been wearing his watch also when he did construction job in our summer cottage, swam with it, everything...

As you can see he's a bit rough on his watches. I said that I can polish and refinish his watch and he agreed. It really has some battlescars on the bracelet. I already aligned his bezel... and maybe some kind of polishing & rebrushing job is needed? :lol:

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

He said he hasn't even noticed the scars. :lol: To be honest it looks perfectly ok on his wrist... the pics exaggerate the wear. The bezel has some scratches too... and the pearl is gone. But this rep runs in COSC standards after 18 months of rough wear, constant swimming, showering and borderline abuse. I guess these watches aren't that bad...

And yes... I don't borrow my watches to him.

PS: Sorry about the lousy quality of the shots. I didn't bother to construct my setup as this baby didn't inspire me to any glamor shots. :lol: But it certainly is "handsome", don't you think?

IMG_3901.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Added a pic. The crystal is flawless. The bezel has light scratches all over it, but nothing serious. Bracelet, lugs and bezel edges show a lot of wear. Guess he has been banging it.

The hands have patina (or possibly dirt) on them. Patina would be quite strange, it's just 1.5 years old watch!!!

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
Yo, I think it's got a nice character to it. I usually never wear anything out that much.
I get sick of it before I switch onto something else. Very cool looking watch. I may look into
buying one of these bad boys for daily beater too.

Joe

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
My brother isn't as huge watch nut as me... but just like me he loves the Bond SMP (as he's a fan of the movies). He has been extremely pleased with this rep and never wore his genuines after he got this. He also said that he'll purchase a genuine Bond Seamaster if this watch dies eventually (doesn't look like it though... it's technically flawless).

And yes... I almost like it better than my watch (which is in almost perfect condition). Maybe I should think twice before I polish it? :)

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
the bracelet of mine look just like that... the head is better (only a small scratch on the insert near the perl)
It's been my daily beater for the last 18 months.

jsph

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
i love it. great post and pics.

you know, it actually seems a lot like the gen in this regard -- the bracelet, being made of relatively soft metal and having a complex brushed/polished appearance (and large flat clasp), just soaks up scratches, scuffs and dings, while the "watch" itself and sapphire crystal are built like a tank, run great... and the whole package looks awesome scratched up or not.

i say again, broken record that i am, if they had a black/black (2254.50) of anywhere near this quality, it'd be nearly my one-and-only watch. dammit... i'm veering dangerously close to selling off my arms and legs for a gen here... ;)

thanks again, and my regards to your brother.

jsph

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
@jsph: Glad you liked it mate.

PS: I decided NOT to polish the watch since people liked the wear. My brother didn't care, either way. It's back on his wrist now... and heading to new bangs, scratches and adventures... I can shoot it again after next 18 months. :)

CRK

9/10/06
By-Tor said:
PS: I decided NOT to polish the watch since people liked the wear. My brother didn't care, either way. It's back on his wrist now... and heading to new bangs, scratches and adventures... I can shoot it again after next 18 months. :)

I agree, the watch has more character now, the scratches and dings add to the "realness" effect.

Please do take some more pics after the next 18