• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My best spent $88 ever!

markotu

5/7/09
I just got my 2nd rep today, the Omega Seamaster GMT! Bought it from Mark, the package left Hong Kong on Monday and got to Europe by Saturday. Awesome. Interesting tho, I bought many items on Ebay that were sent from Hong Kong and all got checked and opened by the customs, but neither of the 2 watches that I bought from Time Shops did. Luck? Maybe.

Anyway, I really did not expect the package to get here so fast, so you can only imagine how happy I was when the postman brought this. Oh the joy of opening the box, I was like a little kid opening presents under the Christmas tree.

The watch that I bought is a cheap $88 Omega Seamaster GMT with Asian 21 jewel movement. But it does look great. It even has a sapphire crystal and independantly adjustable GMT hand. The photos below don't make it justice by the way. Looks much better in real.

I took a few photos of the package (erased the addresses for obvious reasons) so you can see how it was packed.

Well, I know the watch has a few flaws, but for $88 it is a nice daily beater.

OK, let the photos speak for themselves.

image002cix.jpg

image003rbf.jpg

image004ilo.jpg

image005zmi.jpg

image006pfr.jpg

image007boq.jpg

image008rip.jpg

image009ist.jpg

image010omc.jpg

image011xjm.jpg

image012qlm.jpg

image013ghc.jpg

image014x.jpg

image015knv.jpg

image016hra.jpg

image017qpt.jpg

image018vjd.jpg

I hope I did not post too many photos.

If you're reading this you actually made it through my whole post. Wow, thanks. Anyway, I already ordered my next watch. This time I decided to get something more expensive, to see if the difference in price is really worth it. Ordered an Omega Planet Ocean Ultimate with ETA movement. Can't wait to get it.

Cheers!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Very nice. I assume it was $88 + shipping?

$88 delivered definitely sounds too good to be true.

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
Very nice watch. Its hard to believe that it only cost $88. Congrats in advance on the UPO.

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Great watch and very nice pics. Enjoy.
My SMP is my daily beater. Cant beat the comfort of this watch on the wrist :D

Menno86

Looking Around
1/8/09
nice pics. I am thinking of buying a rep. What happend with the watches that were opened by customs? and in wich european country do you live?

markotu

5/7/09
Menno86 said:
nice pics. I am thinking of buying a rep. What happend with the watches that were opened by customs? and in wich european country do you live?

Other watches that I bought were "cheap" gens bought on ebay, so I just sent them a copy of the "you won this auction" email and they were happy and gave me the watch.

I don't know what would happen if they opened and found a rep Rolex. Hope I never have to find this out.

And I'm from Slovenia.

markotu

5/7/09
alankok88 said:
88 really good price. How about the timing? Accurate?

I only have the watch for less than 12 hours so can't really say how accurate it is. Will let you know when I wear it for a bit longer.

lampuair

Horology Curious
8/8/09
Hi, just joined this forum, was thinking to get the normal SMP but the inaccurate pearl somewhat bothers me.

by the way the wordings on the clasp looks like etched on, or was it engraved?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
That is a lot of bang for the buck. Plus if you can learn to do a few improvements yourself, such as getting the insert aligned with the bezel it will get even better.

Smart shopping :D

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Great buy!! Thanks for the photos, keep them coming (both reps and pics)! :D

Xplodr

markotu

5/7/09
alankok88 said:
waiting for your timing...

After 24 hours of use the watch was about 6 seconds fast. I think that's pretty good for the price. Hope it stays like that :p

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
The bracelet is quite good for a low price point!....I have one I got a year or so back, and the bracelet links were crummy...I eventually picked up a bracelet with nicely beveled links like yours for it...$88.00 is a STEAL for this!!...Wear it in good health!! :lol: :lol: :lol: