• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My $268 VCO attempt

narcoden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/11
Ok, so after getting my $98 VCO and really liking the design, I wanted to step up to the high quality version that Honeybear recommends (since he has the gen and I think has gone through 3 different reps by my count)

So, I check with Angus and he says he has the white face VCO in stock that is listed on his web site. (For the record, I'm not putting them on blast just yet)

This is what they have listed and the watch I'm after:
VC-2010-04-09-08-02_enl.jpg

This is the QC pic I got this morning:
IMsG_022552.jpg

Ugh, wrong version... this is the cartel version correct? This keeps happening to me. I ask if a watch is in stock, get told yes, I pay for it, then magically after i pay it's not in stock. Or I see a watch listed on the website, ask if that watch is in stock, get told that it is, I pay for it and ask for QC photo's and get a pic of a way cheaper version that I can find on another TD's website for like 20% less, but it's still a version i don't even want. (Not a rant against PT, just my experience so far, nothing seems to go smooth)

I rejected the watch and asked if the correct version can be sourced. My quest for a high quality rep continues... Can't get a Steelfish, Seawolf and now it seems the "Good" VCO's may be gone as well...

I pray to the watch God's that Angus can come through for me. :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Correct, different versions. The one with AR is no longer available but you really want the updated version with the bevelled datewindow. The one in the QC pics is pretty bad :/

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Buy your reps from Mary, and this kind of thing won't happen.

narcoden

8/7/11
I had the same problem with Mary, she said she had a white face SOSF in stock until I tried to order it and it was then not available. If Angus can't get the correct one, I'll try her again.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I had the same problem with Mary, she said she had a white face SOSF in stock until I tried to order it and it was then not available. If Angus can't get the correct one, I'll try her again.
Sorry to hear about it, she told you it wasn't available after you paid for it?

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
I have had this problem with a few dealers so far. Somehow I don't think its coincidence or an innocent mistake.

narcoden

8/7/11
No, with mary I never actually got to payment. Mary told me she had the watch I was looking for so that I would cancel an order with another TD (That was another mess in itself) and order from her instead. I said OK, send me the watch since you have it and then she said she didn't have it or anything like it (SOSF) Since then, I have seen someone order a white face SOSF from her after she told me she didn't have one. I don't get it, I'm super polite when emailing everyone too.

I t could be just a language barrier and I do understand that English isn't a first language for our TD's. lol... it is what it is sometimes.

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
at least 5 people including me were after that SOSF and it was snagged by somebody first...first to pay gets it and when you get multiple emails on the same 1 piece left confusion may arise.

narcoden

8/7/11
at least 5 people including me were after that SOSF and it was snagged by somebody first...first to pay gets it and when you get multiple emails on the same 1 piece left confusion may arise.

Lol, I know everyone was after that one! I asked Mary for it back on Aug 15th though and was told it was in stock. Someone bought it like just a week ago. edit: I should clarify that I tried to order back in aug whne i was first told it was available. Then this makes more sense.

Who really knows, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. It can't be easy to keep track of hundreds of different models your selling. The customer really ends up being the expert in the model their after. I picture dealers going to some underground market to buy the items we ask for and are probably just handed one of many different versions to send out to the buyer. In my case, I probably know more about the model I want than the dealer realizes. Angus may not even know he had a different version if thats what his supplier gave him..:shlug: It's just frustrating.

narcoden

8/7/11
Awesome, PT came through with the correct version of the VCO. I got new QC pics this morning. I'll post some pics when she arrives.

Sent from my Droid.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Great news - persistence pays! ... and "pains" I guess :)

I have no desire to pi55 sellers off - I just have what I feel is the fair expectation that the watch I get is the watch I see on their site - clearly this is simply not the case .... when it really matters I guess I will just deal with sellers who are willing/happy to supply QC pics

narcoden

8/7/11
I'm happy to report that Angus came through for me. He's a straight up good guy that fixed my order quickly.

I've had it for about two weeks now and can't take it off. In fact, this VCO has made it easier for me to wait while looking for a nice SOSF.

So now, the pictures I promised:

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I'm happy to report that Angus came through for me. He's a straight up good guy that fixed my order quickly.

I've had it for about two weeks now and can't take it off. In fact, this VCO has made it easier for me to wait while looking for a nice SOSF.

So now, the pictures I promised:

IMG_2812.jpg

Looks excellent, I'm almost tempted to get a backup just in case they stop producing this version.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Really nice touch with those links being the same as the VC cross!