• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MR review: Rolex Explorer I

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
I had the pleasure to deal again with Marvellous Replica.

A few weeks back I bought an Omega Deville from him and I was very pleased. This was my first rep and the fact that he is doing a QC and sending pics was something I needed in order to buy my first rep in a real peace of mind state.

This time I wanted (again) a classic looking watch, more sporty than the Omega but that I would be able to wear with any type of clothes.

The Rolex Explorer I was one of my options along with a Datejust but I made my mind and decided to go with the Explorer mainly because I did not want to set the date each time I am wearing it. (the kind of choices you're only doing when you are a newbie in this hobby and have to choose between two or three watches and not 20 or more if you see what I mean...:whistle:)

The movement is a gen swiss sellita sw 220

The communication was excellent with more than 20 emails between first contact and confirmed shipping with lot of question that he did not mind to answer fast.

This time he also offered me the shipping and paypal fees for free as I was a returning customer and from rwi => well done!
The best part is that It took only 3 days to come from China to France, he sent it last monday and I got it last thursday morning => YAY!!!

I had a small problem sizing the bracelet (in fact it was a real pain in the a**) because of the only screw that you have a problem dealing with each time you get a new rep :facepalm: and I ended up moving a link into the clasp and now it fits me perfectly!

So, here are the pics he sent me
(I have no other pics right now as I am wearing it since I got it and did not take the time to do some... but you will get them soon)

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

And the time keeping test:

DSC_0141.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice choice, wear it well!

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
Congrats,
I love Explorer I (have 3), very nice rep, wear it well.

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
thank you all :) you'll see pics later today (it's 11.07am here in France)

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
Here are 3 pics that I took a few minutes ago :

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

I hope you like the pics as much as I like the watch! :lol:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
They are such a classically beautiful watch and go with anything.
One I'd like to own the gen of one day. Congrats on a great purchase.

Col.