• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movements: Very Confused!

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
i have read and read and I'm still confused about the best movement available for an Omega PO, I seam to have a choice of...
A2824-2
A2836
A2826
A8605
A8900

I'm looking for a closed back watch so looks are not important, I'm more interested in a solid movement that will go the distance, I am indifferent if it is auto or manual.

And maybe someone out there who has superior knowledge could list all the movements and rate each one out of 10.... or am I being far too simplistic!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Your choices are:
-45mm upo with closed back and eta2824

-Lmpo with eta 2824

-crpo kw with decorated myiota 8215 (no hack , no handwind, stutter)

-crpo noob with eta 2824 (poorly decorated)

The crpo both have open caseback with wrong movenent. The kw looks close at least, bit the trade off is the low beat stuttering myiota.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Maroon, thanks for the reply, can't get lmpo for love nor money..
I've decided to go with 42mm so open back I think
Don't think I can go the Myiota so looks like the 2824, which as I understand it is not a bad Asian clone?..

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
sorry, just saw these posts. You cannot get a CRPO with a closed back. CRPO with a2824 is a good watch and as far as clone movements go, a reliable movement. It is easy to fix or replace if there ever is a problem. As long as you can live with the open caseback and glaringly obvious wrong movement.

I would really keep trying for an LMPO, make a WTB and see what comes up. IMO it's more accurate than the CRPO reps, especially due to the closed caseback. It's also fantastic looking. It also wears thinner than the CRPO which is a plus for me.

All that being said, I haven't even tried mine on yet lol. So we will see when I get mine and give it some wrist time.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
I have both and they are awesome. Id stick out for an Lmpo as @Maron has said. Crpo do come up often as well, the noob clone movement is the way to go, it doesnt look like gen from behind, but who cares mate. Could always change the caseback ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Lmpo do not come without issues, the bracelet is crap compared to the noob crpo one, incorrect coloured seconds hand also. Personally id just get the noob crpo asian clone with open caseback, such a good watch and come up regular m2m or alsomon offer at many TD

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Lmpo do not come without issues, the bracelet is crap compared to the noob crpo one, incorrect coloured seconds hand also. Personally id just get the noob crpo asian clone with open caseback, such a good watch and come up regular m2m or alsomon offer at many TD

Second hand is so easy to paint and you can put a noob crpo bracelet on the lmpo. Or put a gen bracelet

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Well yes. But the OP is struggling to find an lmpo. I love mine no doubt, but the noob crpo still holds its own imo

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Second hand is so easy to paint and you can put a noob crpo bracelet on the lmpo. Or put a gen bracelet

Well yes. But the OP is struggling to find an lmpo. I love mine no doubt, but the noob crpo still holds its own imo

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Also the lmpo bracelet isnt crap at all, just not as good as the noob crpo one , there both epic. OP just be patient, one will pop up

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Also the lmpo bracelet isnt crap at all, just not as good as the noob crpo one , there both epic. OP just be patient, one will pop up

I was looking online for gen 1580/952 bracelets yesterday. Seems they are about $400 used

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Thanks for the replies, trying to be patient, not succeeding... have a WTB in place for a couple of weeks, I have made an inquiry with Ryan for a CrPO, thought maybe I'll get one of these, still hang out for the elusive LMPO, then move on the one that I least prefer, I'll keep you posted on my efforts, cheers!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Thanks for the replies, trying to be patient, not succeeding... have a WTB in place for a couple of weeks, I have made an inquiry with Ryan for a CrPO, thought maybe I'll get one of these, still hang out for the elusive LMPO, then move on the one that I least prefer, I'll keep you posted on my efforts, cheers!
there's a reason the lmpo is hard to get. Last year when they re-released it , it sold out. They are nearly like a tc in that they sell very quickly

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've got both and as said, the LMPO bracelet is definitely inferior. My personal preference leans towards the CrPO for day to day use...I'm for whatever reason inclined to think the LMPO is more delicate. Nothing specific, just perhaps it's the shiny bezel making me afraid to scratch it. I have pressure tested both and they passed a 3 ATM test without problem. I understand that not all LMPO will pass so don't assume yours is waterproof until tested. I picked up a CrPO bracelet for my LMPO. Both are difficult to get from the TDs, but the CrPO shows up M2M more frequently. If I had to suggest only one, I personally would get the CrPO. How often will you show the movement off anyway? Build quality on both is top notch, either way you cannot go wrong.

The LMPO is slightly thinner...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Excellent choice (although I don't think there was a bad option) Let me know how it works out for you!

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
A week or so from now you will be very happy