• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement ID

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
Hi all,

Hoping someone can confirm this movement - I saw on an old TD post that it was a 2813. Not working so looking around for a repairer, but confirming the movement first would be helpful!

Thanks!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yes it is indeed a Chinese 2813.

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
Awesome, thank you - onwards to trying to find someone in UK/Ireland who can have a look at repairing/replacing!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
If I were you I would just buy a replacement off AliExpress and have a watchmaker fit it. ado213 is in the UK so he is the closest watchsmith who works on reps to us.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
what is that mounted in ?

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
If I were you I would just buy a replacement off AliExpress and have a watchmaker fit it. ado213 is in the UK so he is the closest watchsmith who works on reps to us.

Yeah that was my plan now I have the movement confirmed - not an expenive movement to replace!

Raddave it's in an a HM2 replica - rather an old piece by now!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah that was my plan now I have the movement confirmed - not an expenive movement to replace!

Raddave it's in an a HM2 replica - rather an old piece by now!

can we see it ?

but actually i was asking about the holder , but im interested in both !

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
can we see it ?

but actually i was asking about the holder , but im interested in both !

But of course! - photos below

Sorry my bad! I've a natural cork desk mat - turns out it works great as a larger non-scratch surface.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Sorry my bad! I've a natural cork desk mat - turns out it works great as a larger non-scratch surface.

oh crap i thought it was a movement holder , i didnt realize it was a watch case !

thats cool as hell

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
oh crap i thought it was a movement holder , i didnt realize it was a watch case !

thats cool as hell

haha!!!! so much confusion! It's definately a polarising watch - PM'd ado213 and ordered a movement, fingers crossed he can help out. It it was a standard watch I'd be happy to swap out the movement but with this having the gearing system for the offset dial it's better a more competant person looks at it!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
haha!!!! so much confusion! It's definately a polarising watch - PM'd ado213 and ordered a movement, fingers crossed he can help out. It it was a standard watch I'd be happy to swap out the movement but with this having the gearing system for the offset dial it's better a more competant person looks at it!

Hes great ! im sure he can hook you up !

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

That is one super cool watch.