• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

movement for learning on

cuck

Getting To Know The Place
6/2/17
Hi.. so im trying to get into this hobby and was looking for a movement to fool around with and learn how watches work. any recommendations? just looking for direction on where to start with like movement function and design etc

jeevanpillai

10/9/16
You'll most likely need a few tools like a small tip screwdriver set and a movement holder. For your purpose, any simple 3 hand Chinese movement will do. You could get one from eBay or Ottofrei for less than 15$. Also, remember to unwind the main spring completely before you start your disassembly! You can Google how to do this.

Also, you might find this video informative.

Sent from my Pixel XL using RWI mobile app

jeevanpillai

10/9/16
You'll most likely need a few tools like a small tip screwdriver set and a movement holder. For your purpose, any simple 3 hand Chinese movement will do. You could get one from eBay or Ottofrei for less than 15$. Also, remember to unwind the main spring completely before you start your disassembly! You can Google how to do this.

jeevanpillai

10/9/16

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
I'd get a DG2813 or a Seagull 2130 or Hang Zhou 6300 as they are the Asian 21J or Asian ETA 2824 that people speak of.
The ETA 2824 has many videos on YouTube to study. Probably same for the DG2813 which is a copy of a miyota. The DG is cheap but the ETA reps will tell much better time.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
Also loads of cases and dials and hands out there so you can build your own rep. Check out rafflesdial and raffles time.

Sent from the RWI mobile app