• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement advise...

sammy7878

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/07
Hello,
I am wondering if it is better to stop a movement by pulling the crown out or by letting it wind down. Or doesn't it matter? For the sad ones that don't make it out of the box every day.
Thanks in advace for the advise.
Sam

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I was speaking with my watchsmith yesterday. He stated that leaving a watch idle for long periods of time allows the oil to gum up. He said that a watch that runs constantly will go much longer between services.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
And therefore, buy a winder for your auto movements and start winding your mechanicals religiously....make for a nice zen routine. :D

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
LOL, every day after work I go through my watchbox and give each 30 turns. Nice way to wind down, and helps me decide which one will be on my wrist for the evening!

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
See? you're into Zen without even knowing it. :D
I'm erisian.....Zen for the roundeyes :twisted: watchwinding is one of my religious practices. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel that you have to pay respect to your watches...they control the universe through you.

There, enough mysticism for this morning.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
The coach?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no dude, I'm not. no one ever accused me of being a sports fan. not my bag...almost allergic.

drhydro

23/3/06
@anubis...
"It's just a pose, 'cause my baby knows
That my heart belongs to dada" :twisted:

(pse excuse slight threadcrap...)