• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most accurate

tenshin2002

3/1/09
Hello
I have a suggestion. It would be nice if every theme forum had a sticky with a ranking of rep accuracy for the brand. I think it would save many posts asking for that question.
I would like to contribute with that but I have not enough experience with reps, yet.
So is it a good idea or bad?

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Not so sure about that, even the same models (example:GMT masterII) of one brands has a lot of versions in it. But it could be a good suggestion..

tenshin2002

3/1/09
alviando said:
Not so sure about that, even the same models (example:GMT masterII) of one brands has a lot of versions in it. But it could be a good suggestion..
Yes, I thought about that too. Maybe its not doable and then the questions would be: "Who sources the accurate model on the sticky...?" But maybe linking to good sources is a good thing...

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Could be many fights amoung members for certain brands.
There are some many good choices, it really can be tough to rank, especially anything released in the last year or so.
I think reps tend to fall in certain categories:
Super reps (those with very few flaws) - example AP ROO with seconds at 12
Great Reps (those with great design and build but something is not right) - example MBK AP ROO with seconds at 9
Good Reps (major flaw like quartz movement or incorrect size to the gen, etc..) - example AP ROO Quartz Models
Crap (go to Canal street or many dealers on a site like Ioffer for these) - like a Bentley Tourbillion rep, those are always tough to spot as rep

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
It would make no difference. If you made it so every noob had to go through the noobguide, scam list and dealer section before being allowed to proceed, then make them tick a checkbox saying they understand, their first post would still be:

HEY I WAS LOOKING FOR THE BEST SWISS ROLEX REPLICA. I FOUND THIS SITE SCAMMER.COM BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A GOOD DEALER WHO HAS ROLEX THAT ARE EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

You see the problem is they're either lazy or retarded. Either way making more lists is like adding more legislation on top of the laws we already have in place.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Fakemaster is right.
All of the info is here, you just have to read first.
The search feature can provide answers to most questions.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
mreynolds767 said:
Fakemaster is right.
Yeah, I get that. The purpous of my suggestion was to NOT have to go through 10000 posts. You know I thought that would be nice. I just tried to to search "good sub rep" and guess what? The result was no help what so ever.
Whatever, maybe it was a bad idea

jeffmtbr

Known Member
26/1/09
tenshin2002 said:
mreynolds767 said:
Fakemaster is right.
Yeah, I get that. The purpous of my suggestion was to NOT have to go through 10000 posts. You know I thought that would be nice. I just tried to to search "good sub rep" and guess what? The result was no help what so ever.
Whatever, maybe it was a bad idea

You have to work for a great rep. I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent going through this site before I made a purchase.
In the end it was all time well spent, good reading and good people.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
Yes you have a point. I learned a lot by having to read through tons of posts. And I ended up with abeautiful SMP by Fakemaster. Guess that's the way to learn.

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
A little homework isn't too much to ask, and I would suggest helps one gain a greater appreciation for quality v canal. And anyone making "odd" posts will have to put in some time as well.