• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MontBlanc Timewalker on Stingray strap

genevaroth

Horology Curious
15/12/07
Just wanted to show you guys a new strap I got for my Timewalker, stingray with a butterfly deployment. photos are not the best but just to show you a different look.

iwc101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/08
Interesting.

Saw this one yesterday (a friend got it over Christmas) The stingray strap on this Breil looks and feels really nice.

mediterraneo-breil-swiss-watch-bw0380.jpg

Cheers

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Good matching :)
I've often been wondering which of my watch could wear a stingray dress, as this material is missing in my collection. Looks like the white Timewalker is a nice fit with it.

The problem of Stingray is that it often looks different in the flesh, pictures and lighting can make it look very bright, and when you receive it looks like rubber (I was once disappointed this way).

What looks very original is polished stingray...

genevaroth

Horology Curious
15/12/07
It is duller, like a shiny suede if that makes any sense. If you want shiny, you have to get the Raw polished, this one is sanded down so the bumps are even. but I decided to go for it as the original metal bracelet is a scratch magnet and this was only $25 free shipping.
http://www.debeerwatchbands.com/sting-ray-watchbands.html
Thickness is good, but the strap tapers, on a sporty watch I think it would look off.

These guys kick ass but are ten times the price; $250++
Jaeger_LeCoultre_Memovox_Master_Compressor.jpg

http://www.abp-paris.com

For $55 bucks with a butterfly, you cant go wrong.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I'm looking around for some really unique bands to throw on a Pro Hunter Deep Sea I'm ordering from Trevor and found this thread. Just a heads up if anyone is interested, I followed the link above and found that the bands are on sale.

Genuine Sting Ray Watch Band - ON SALE

Genuine Sting Ray Watch Band with Quick Release Spring Pins. Panerai style..
No Shipping Charges!
Normal price $59.95
Price: $24.95

For $25, it's worth a shot to see how it looks... :)