• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MontBlanc Time Walker Chrono from Watcheden

eurotechnik

Horology Curious
17/7/09
Noob here asking fro some advice and insight on anyone who has this specific rep. I would like to purchase this watch from Watcheden. Its the higher priced one with the Asia Valjoux 7750. Anyone notice a significant difference between the rep and gen? Thanks in advance

techlogik

16/7/09
Not an expert by any means, I like this watch personally. Many are not hot on MontBlanc, particularly snobs that own GEN Breitlings, Rolexes and Omegas that probably don't know much about the facts of who are making the originals for them and how the quality, history is short etc.

I have looked long and hard at this against photos of Gen MontBlanc. The only things I can say is the usual stuff you would find, like the lettering, dial minute/hour markers etc..are not as sharp and clear,.

The 1,3,5,etc..markers are thicker and not spaced apart like the original specifically I noticed.

Also, the number themselves look close to Gen, but thicker on the Rep compared to Gen.

Lastly, on that site you listed, I don't see the straight SS band with black chronos, or white chronos like some other sites. The white chronos look accurate for size compared to Gen.

Besides those minor things, without having one in my hands it is hard to say. Things like Date wheel, lume on the watch etc...would be hard to say. Don't seem to hear much about people buying this as a rep at all around here it seems either.

Good luck.