• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mont Blanc Replica - Reliable?

gumption rusty

13/6/09
Hi there,

I've always wanted a Mont Blanc Timewalker. I bought a cheap fake in Dubai a while back that fell apart in a couple of weeks.

I've found a few from reputable dealers that I'd be interested in - the problem is that they all have Asian 7750 movement. To the best of my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) this is a pretty unreliable movement.

I definitely don't wanna invest $300 to have it fall apart in a matter of weeks. I've attached the link to one I'm interested in - any idea of this would last for a while or if it would just let me down sooner rather than later.

http://www.timeshops.net/MO7508_-_Montb ... 027-21.htm

chuddism

Supporter
11/3/08
The 7750 is not a bad movement, the modification made to it to create running seconds at the 6 o'clock position of the dial. from have i have heard and read the MB TW is one of he most accurate reps provided you get a good one.

If you like ill be getting mine in about 2 days or so from Hont, I will be reviewing it shortly so...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Whatever you get here I assure you it will not be the same as the one you have.

vegetaleb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/09
I think there are 2 grades of quality for this watch as I found it for 60$ and 80$!
The cheap one has a dial with a slightly innacurate position of the numbers,going 2-3 degrees to the right away from their normal position!
Those prices are normal in my country(Lebanon) as prices can vary from 50$ to 90$ for what so called '''Japanese'' movement and 250 to 400$ for the supposed ''ETA'' movement

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
The 7750 Timewalker is, imo, worth the money (particularly the one with the ceramic midlinks). It's a stunning watch. The quartz versions can't really compare. In general, you shouldn't have any real issues with an unmodified 7750 like the one that's in the Timewalker. If you do, you can always contact your dealer and see about what can be done.

vegetaleb

8/7/09
Here's a Montblanc I saw today in a ''Armenian'' shop :wink:
Strap is rubber with MontBlanc design
Back is half transparant
Quartz with functional chrono
Price: 80$
the seller told me that the bad version is too crappy and goes to the garbage after 1 month but this one is a far better build quality(and I felt it too)

Sorry for bad focus but it's a cell phone :oops:
65645826.jpg

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
vegetaleb said:
Back is half transparant
the seller told me that the bad version is too crappy and goes to the garbage after 1 month but this one is a far better build quality(and I felt it too)

65645826.jpg

I could be wrong, but I've never seen a Timewalker that looks anything like that. I don't think they come with rubber straps, and they certainly don't have "MONTBLANC" written all over the bezel (at least, none of the ones I've seen). Also, the spacing on those sub-dials is really, really bad (even for a quartz).

vegetaleb

8/7/09
Ok finally I will take a Big Pilot with automatic movement 25j and saphyre even if it cost 3x more but I know that it's a known quality and it has 3 years warranty
Too much fake Montblanc in town :?

1_robbo

10/11/08
seanf said:
vegetaleb said:
Back is half transparant

65645826.jpg

I could be wrong, but I've never seen a Timewalker that looks anything like that. I don't think they come with rubber straps, and they certainly don't have "MONTBLANC" written all over the bezel (at least, none of the ones I've seen). Also, the spacing on those sub-dials is really, really bad (even for a quartz).

Wow its amazing what some people try to pass off as a rep !
Thats awfull and not even close to the gen model ( i own the rep from PT which is excellent)
Steer well clear of this.

techlogik

16/7/09
1_robbo said:
seanf said:
vegetaleb said:
Back is half transparant

65645826.jpg

Wow its amazing what some people try to pass off as a rep !
Thats awfull and not even close to the gen model ( i own the rep from PT which is excellent)
Steer well clear of this.

+1. The good sites here have the A7750 movement that except for a few minor things I can see, look pretty darn close to the Gen.

I might pick one of these up one day.

jmgentry

Known Member
5/7/09
I like the Mont Blanc rep's.

Don't think you could go wrong with the purchase. The seconds are not running@6 so you should have no issues.

Get it serviced soon if you want it to last. :D

kitersoze

26/11/08
I own the MB Timewalker Chrono A7750, black face. It was one of the first rep buys i made from a trusted dealer. I don't know about the cheaper quartz versions, but i can tell you that the higher end rep w/ the A7750 sapphire crystal n display caseback is one very impressive watch in the flesh. overall fit-n-finish is really superb n substantial. i've compared this w/ both rep n gen in hand together, n my friend (gen owner) n i were hard pressed to tell the difference. it was really kind of scary how good the replication was, n he plainly said he had no idea reps could be this level of quality, n when i told him how much i paid, his jaw just dropped, literally (he paid some $4K for the gen). the MB TW is one of those reps that doesn't get talked about much, but it deserves to be mentioned among the best reps (as in accuracy of) straight out of the box. I've had mine for over a year, movement working just fine...

here's one of the better reviews of the rep:

viewtopic.php?f=115&t=25796&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=mb+timewalker+chrono+review