• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modifica Cassa Gmt 16710 BP

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Bellissimo lavoro complimenti!!
L’uscita del tige l’hai adattata o sono casse già per 31XX?

Reactions: danitar

danitar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
24/11/21
salerno, italy
Grazie mille.
La cassa in questione montava già di suo il 3186, quindi nessuna modifica per quanto riguarda il movimento, tubo, corona e tige, ma solo i lavori esterni evidenti in foto.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Grazie mille.
La cassa in questione montava già di suo il 3186, quindi nessuna modifica per quanto riguarda il movimento, tubo, corona e tige, ma solo i lavori esterni evidenti in foto.
Meglio. Se riesci più a lavorarla da sotto la carrure meglio, così eviti che gli end links fuoriescono come in foto. Poi le CG se aggiungi acciaio e le lavori , meglio…perché sono corte.
Per il resto ok, bel lavoro sul Rehaut.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryRobot

danitar

Supporter
24/11/21
salerno, italy
Ti ringrazio per i consigli utili.
Diciamo che per questo lavoro mi era concentrato su spessore e funzionalità, mi di sicuro possiamo fare di meglio. È stato il primo lavoro di questo genere ( abbastanza impegnativo )

TerryRobot

Known Member
13/9/15
Excellent work, excuse me for being dumb here, everyday is a school day, i see you have plugged the bezel click holes on the body.
So 2 questions
1. any idea why they take this root when other models they produce use a more gen style system or even just a click ring that
seats in the holes (im trying this on a BP to learn on, bought the wrong size first though)
2. Here is the dumb one! How does the bezel connect and stay on using the gen or gen spec bezel setup? I know the BP one is held on by a wired spring inside the bezel ring, which on mine feels a bit loose. Just wondered how it worked. as it looks like a fair bit of work you have done on the case Im guessing to reduce height. I replaced the back on the BP I had with a newer GMT rep I had from years back and that is a perfect fit and is almost the same height glass to back as the genuine.

I find the level of skills of some of the, peops on here amazing, I think perhaps there is more appreciation for a good quality rep build than the genuine article in all fairness considering the limitations and without the financial backing of old Wilsdorf and co

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Excellent work, excuse me for being dumb here, everyday is a school day, i see you have plugged the bezel click holes on the body.
So 2 questions
1. any idea why they take this root when other models they produce use a more gen style system or even just a click ring that
seats in the holes (im trying this on a BP to learn on, bought the wrong size first though)
2. Here is the dumb one! How does the bezel connect and stay on using the gen or gen spec bezel setup? I know the BP one is held on by a wired spring inside the bezel ring, which on mine feels a bit loose. Just wondered how it worked. as it looks like a fair bit of work you have done on the case Im guessing to reduce height. I replaced the back on the BP I had with a newer GMT rep I had from years back and that is a perfect fit and is almost the same height glass to back as the genuine.

I find the level of skills of some of the, peops on here amazing, I think perhaps there is more appreciation for a good quality rep build than the genuine article in all fairness considering the limitations and without the financial backing of old Wilsdorf and co

Last edited:

danitar

Supporter
24/11/21
salerno, italy
So 2 questions

Facendo questo lavoro alla cassa devi Cambiare poi vetro, Fermavetro e ghiera.
Perché poi la ghiera bp non andrà più bene

Reactions: TerryRobot