• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modding

jhudson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/10
How is everyone doing? I had a quick question to ask. I have been looking and I could not find a definite answer but this has been on my mind for a few months now and I just wanted to know what all mods can be done with a 21j 42.5mm PO 4th Gen (purchased from WBK/Stan). I was thinking about buying another one to mod but I was wondering what all can be done with this. Thanks in advanced.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You can't add a Gen dial without cutting the dial feet off.

I would invest in a UPO if you are planing on a Franken project.

jhudson

17/5/10
I was always thinking about getting the 45mm but I didn't know how it would look on my wrist. I will see if Stan has any 45mm available and go from there. Thanks for the bit of knowledge.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Try to see one at an AD. That way, if you like it, you can invest in the UPO and not another 21j model.

jhudson

17/5/10
I've been looking at the 42mm "ultimate" version from timeshops and I've read that the gen parts can be added. Now if I can just make a decision on whether to get the ETA or clone. I thought about the 45mm but looking at my 42, it is just the perfect size for every occasion (for me that is..lol)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
if you by "clone " mean eta clone, and not 21j mvt, then both et and eta clone will have same specs as gen mvt and dial, making it possible to swap around rep and gen parts.
if you by "clone" mean another 21j mvt, then you will have to get a new movement ring new movement and all that before installing a gen dial and gen hands.

some of the 21j po reps will not sit gen parts at all.

jhudson

17/5/10
I meant the Asian clone. I am probably going to copy Q5?'s process to the tee.