• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modding on my AP ROO

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I got my first AP ROO this year in March and since this time, I really like the AP ROO series. When I received the watch, I asked my friend Uwe for AR. The gen doesn't have it but it makes a big difference. You can read about this here:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/making-off-dismantling-ap-because-51262

Now it turned out that this watch became one of my favorite watches and as we all know, the AP with sec at 12 had some reliability issues in the past and it is also known, that the second hand at 12 is jerking around. So you cannot take the watch to the AD:facepalm:. Otherwise a great rep.

Most of you know me, I always need a perfect rep and I do not buy junk, so I asked my friend Domi what to do and today I visited him with my watch. Couldn't wait another 2 weeks to get that baby back, I had it on my wrist maybe 10 days since I got it in March. My behavior was like a little kid, so I drove 500 km round trip but came back with my watch.

So here we go, the full nine yards, Valjoux ETA 7750 replacement and modding of the upper plate which is carrying the transfer gear. When the Chinese designed this movement they didn't buffer every transfer gear with a jewel and that is what is causing the jerking of the second hand at 12.

But we have Domi and he is a great guy. He changed the A7750 and replaced it with the Eta 7750, he added jewels to the upper plate and now I have a watch which is running like a champ. No, absolutely no jerking of the second hand, it runs like a second hand on a ETA 7750 @ 9. Winding the movement feels gen, starting and resetting the chrono feels gen, the look of the watch feels gen, so what else do you need.

Now here are some pics

Upper plate, you can see the 2 missing jewels

APRB018.jpg

here you see the missing jewel next to the hole which is now a little bigger as it was before

APRB019.jpg

Jewel added

APRB020.jpg

final look at the transfer gears for sec @ 12

APRB021.jpg

All I can say, thanks to [BLINK]Domi,[/BLINK], great guy to work with
thanks also to Uwe for the great AR

here the watch

AP010.jpg

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Damn, guru. I might have to get a rubberclad seconds at 12, now! It's all your fault...

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Domi is a wizard, and you're a little child ! :biglaugh:

fine dd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/06
Great watch my friend, :q5::q5::q5:

it was a pleasure to work on this beauty.

And Domi
214lx.gif

as always a great work!!!

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
very nice guru...i think I need to buy an AP Roo black theme or the blue indexes and send to fineDD and also domi to do all this modding...

my EOD is on the way to spa to make sure its not jerking anymore from the master francisco..should see it in a while maybe...

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Great news my friend
Excellent Job done Domi
please move this to the AP section
Can't wait to get mine now
Congrats

FreshGearEB

I'm Unknown!!
13/7/10
I just purchased this watch and would like to get the jerky secs @ 12 fixed as well as AR and Lume. Any other suggestions?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I just purchased this watch and would like to get the jerky secs @ 12 fixed as well as AR and Lume. Any other suggestions?

No, except a nice hornback strap from AP bands