• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

modded my seamaster chrono

Sam268

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/06
here is a pic of my chrono on the left with gen bezel, is looks way better then rep even though the rep pearl on the chrono is alot better then previous version of seamasters.

Next mod might be a gen date wheel, still trying to see if it will fit since it will cost me around 20 dollars for a gen 7750 datewheel with the correct font.

then I might replace the crown as the rep are slightly bigger and stick out longer then gen
plus a original chrono bracelet to finish it off.

Temping to do the hands, just hr and minute as the second hands won't fit this asian 7750

enjoy.
IMGP4961.jpg

IMGP4960.jpg

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Where did you purchase a gen bezel from?

Did you purchase both reps from the same dealer? Date font looks a bit different between the pieces.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
u may can drill out the hand holes to fit , the genuine hands should have a smaller hole size than the rep ? well that is usually what happens but not sure for this particular watch

joe

Sam268

5/4/06
I had a gen bezel and insert, was going to put it and build it on a 007 version but then this watch is so nice and deserve the blue insert so I install it on to it, the silve bezel part is rare, is alot thicker then the usual seamaster,

I checked the post from Ziggy regarding the hand size and he said the new 7750 2880bph movment is the same size minute and hour hand as the gen ETA 7750 but not the second hand

about the 2 different date font.. good eye, my watch that was modded was from Eddy, and the other one with thicker font is from King.

Both of the inside looks the same and the case is the same,

I was wondering how can you tell the difference from looking at the movement if one is the new 7750 or the old 7750

the one I kept had a smoother crown and more center date so I kept eddy's for now and maybe see if the gen ETA date will fit on to the 7750 movment.

Sam268

5/4/06
according to this post by ziggy, all 7750 ETA and different version of the asian 7750 have the same size hour and minute hands

so is possible to swap the hour and minuite, if you look at the rep hour hand, it is slightly shorter then the gen, especailly the part between the tip of the hour and and the lume circle dot.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?sho ... 09&hl=7750

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
I already modded mine with a gen bracelet, that already is expensive. If the price on this one closes in on my policy: 40% of a used gen, I will stop modding it--sell the sucka--and get the used gen instead... 8) 8)

Sam268

5/4/06
I spend 80 on the gen insert, brought it long time ago,

how much did you pay for full gen braclet, show us pics of the endlink where it meets the case, is the gap closer from the braclet to the bezel?

I upgraded the spring bars on mine, is always nice to upgrade to a thicker 20mm x 2mm spring bar which is thicker then the rep cheap spring bars and you have less of a play on the braclet between the case when you pull on it.

There is another route I might take for the bracelet, Gen endlinks on the older 007 braclet which has pins and is the same size and fit on to the gen endlinks, then change the clasp to a 1504 826 clasp.
should cost me around 150-160 for the endlinks and clasp,

That is why I want to know how much can you get a gen bracelet for to compare if it is worth buyer the whole or buying endlinks and clasp with the good old rep bracelet.

gillorin

6/9/06
Nice.
Your datefont already looks correct, it's just the standard ETA datering the SMP Chrono uses.
The whole bracelet issue is so nitpicky to me I think it's funny :D Really, I have owned 8 Gen SMP's including the Chronograph and I don't even know how long it would take me to realize there were screws in the bracelet. I know if I were examining it thinking it could be a rep. I would notice sooner, but with your font, and insert I don't think I would have much doubt it was real. Of course, that's assuming I don't know a fake like this exists, but I can almost guarantee you it would pass.

iluvhockey

24/11/06
Has anyone tried or got someone to do this mod? Which part number for the Bezel as there are a few different bezels that look the same but different sizes. We are talking about the entire bezel right? Can some enlighten me?

Thanks

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
iluvhockey said:
Has anyone tried or got someone to do this mod? Which part number for the Bezel as there are a few different bezels that look the same but different sizes. We are talking about the entire bezel right? Can some enlighten me?

Thanks

Omega only sells it as an entire bezel but you can sometimes see the inserts or steel on ebay if the person only needed part of the package

iluvhockey

24/11/06
Thanks supermax, that is what i thought. Ziggy at RWG indicated to me that he didn't think that the bezel was replacable on the rep. Yet I see this post. TTK indicated that poping the bezel was darn hard (and destroyed some) and even with a claw it was a PITA.