• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mod Omega Planet Ocean Quantum of Solace

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hi, I have a Omega Planet Ocean Quantum of Solace. I really want to mod my watch. I want to buy a ETA movement. And buy the hands dial stem and crown from omega. Is it possible? Btw if can, how do change the omega case tube and he valve? Btw does omega sell the quantum of solace dial? In the gen is it they have a metal ring or something inside to prevent the movement to move from side to side? Cus i only know china movement they use the white plastic.

Thanks

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
thanks for the reply. My movement doesn't say anything. Presumably is a china movement. Btw you sent me those website i can't open. They say :Error in Form!

We're sorry, but there was an error in your form data!

You must specify a valid value for: your storeid .

Please go back and try it again.

But nvr mind forget about the website cus i can go omega service center and buy.... Lol...

Does omega sell the calibre 2500 rotor? Cus if i buy the ETA then i want to put the rotor on the movement.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
omega service center is exxxxppppensive.
Buy a rep with ETA clone before u do anything.

luckie

19/12/11
Something I've wondered along this same line. Can a stamped rotor from say a 4816 fit on and work properly on a 2824 movement?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But if i buy an ETA movement will it fit in my watch case?

Btw i don't feel like buying any ETA based rep cus i mean is quite a lot for a rep and also i have spent quite a lot of money on rep watch which is why i just wanna mod. I mean i love to spend my money on something that i like very much. Like for example, Inushuk, he spent money on mod his Po. He can use those money to buy a gen watch but, he rather mod then buy gen watch. Cus can learn more stuff bout watches.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Does omega sell the case back too? Cus i scared they might not sell due to the case back where they put XXXX/5007

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
But if i buy an ETA movement will it fit in my watch case?

Btw i don't feel like buying any ETA based rep cus i mean is quite a lot for a rep and also i have spent quite a lot of money on rep watch which is why i just wanna mod. I mean i love to spend my money on something that i like very much. Like for example, Inushuk, he spent money on mod his Po. He can use those money to buy a gen watch but, he rather mod then buy gen watch. Cus can learn more stuff bout watches.

Hi Ahboy,

Based on the pics you posted of your watch no gen parts will fit. I had the same type of PO (Canal St. version) and compared it to my v4 PO and nothing was the same.

I know you sent a lot on it but I wouldn't put any more money into it other than replacing the bezel insert like you wanted.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-seamaster-planet-100619p2

Cheers

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Ok thanks btw i want to ask you guys that the dealers sell the watch like for example Silix right how do i buy from them? Is it from this forum or they have their own website? Thanks

TheCold

15/8/09
They usually have a website. In their respective section in the forum you can see their contact information and often HOW-TOs where it will show you pretty much everything how to order. I would second what Q5? said and start off with a UPO which is a planet ocean 45.5mm which is pretty accurate out of the box.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks for the reply... Ya i plan to buy a UPO soon... Btw Thecold you did say that silix sent give you a watch that has scratch on it? And the second time they sent you also have scratch? Thanks