• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota vs eta clone .. reliability and precision

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
Hi guys! I have one question about these two movements.. actually I don't have a specific model of each type of movement but i was wondering which one is more reliable, smooth and easier to fix ( i mean find spare parts).

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
My thoughts on specific movements. I do not care for Miyota 8215 for two reasons. First, it does not hack, and second some, but not all, suffer from a severe seconds hand stutter. There is no way to know ahead of time if yours will suffer from this. Regarding reliability, it is reliable. The Miyota 9015 does hack and uses a different design so it does not have the stutter issue. Eta clones like the 2836 are very reliable and can offer a long service life. Nice thing about this movement is it is a direct swap to an ETA should an issue arise. Parts are readily available. They are also easier to regulate due to the fine adjustment screw vs the Miyota. Bottom line is all the above are solid movements that can last for years or die immediately if you get a lemon.

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
Wow great answer! That's all i need! Lol anyway I'm looking for a new watch but undecided between miyo and eta clone I always used a 28 family and ive never had problems

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Wow great answer! That's all i need! Lol anyway I'm looking for a new watch but undecided between miyo and eta clone I always used a 28 family and ive never had problems

Glad it helped! Are you looking for a specific rep?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The hulk is a nice watch, but the bezel insert is a slightly different green tone vs gen. Also, I personally would avoid the SA3135 as reliability is spotty...It improved, but old movements are still showing up. Stick with ETA or Asian movements. The AP is nice and on my interest list. Honestly the only two watches that have been noticed when I wear them are my subc and my Datora montbrilliant. Both watches are nice, and I'm sure you will be happy with either. Check out the side by side comparison to gen threads to help you decide.