• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 Noise and Reliability Concern

deltafighter1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/17
Hi there everyone. I'm a little bit of a noob, but I'm pretty set on buying a rep soon. I've decided it probably will be an AP Royal Oak 15400 (JF) with the Miyota 9015.

So I have two questions. First, I've heard the movement is relatively reliable. Is that true? Second, I've heard it is noisy, but I don't really know what that means. Can you hear it when it's by your side on your wrist or is it only if you have it up to your ear?

Thanks for any response.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Very reliable movement but mine all have noisy rotors. I understand the rotor issue can be addressed by a few drops of watch oil.

rwiwatchman

Known Member
12/11/16
Depends on the watch case. I have a Deep Blue dive watch that is chunky and I cannot hear anything. However, on my NTH pelagos homage watch which is MUCH thinner I do here some sounds but it never bothers me at all. As far as reliability they have been great workhorses and I do not have to do an incantation when changing the whole date, time, winding thing like the asian 28XX series.