• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 no/low power reserve?

JL123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
Help please!

Miyota 9015 movement watch that didn't use in a month, and it almost totally lost it's power reserve, lasting from 5s to few mintutes only. Manual wind 50 turns and it moves for a while longer (5mins).

Opened the case back and nothing seems to be stuck on the balance wheel and the front hands also isn't blocked. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

23hlni9.jpg

JL123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
Thanks for the suggestion! Got a simple demagnetiser off eBay and that did the trick!

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
I have a similar problem.

If I give the watch a fast shake to the left and the right it starts working but stopps after 15sec. With this procedure cheap Asian dhgate movements run up to 2 minutes.

If I gently move the watch to left and right it does not start moving alltough the rotor moves in both directions (caseback open).

If I give it a handwind it runs as it should, so somehow the autowinder does not work correct. Any ideas?

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
I have a similar problem.

If I give the watch a fast shake to the left and the right it starts working but stopps after 15sec. With this procedure cheap Asian dhgate movements run up to 2 minutes.

If I gently move the watch to left and right it does not start moving alltough the rotor moves in both directions (caseback open).

If I give it a handwind it runs as it should, so somehow the autowinder does not work correct. Any ideas?

Reading to your comment, I remembered I have a similar issue with one of my reps.
Did you find the reason behind this?

Anyone else know why this is happening in some watches?