• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 issue

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
i have a GF V4 MUT moon bought from Trusty Time. The movement is 9015. I found out the oscillating weight is often stuck, especially when I hand wind it a bit (not even close to fully winded). On the other direction (counterclockwise none winding direction) it’s spinning like crazy. Does that mean there’s an issue with the movement or all 9015 have the same issue? It often stops on my wrist when I didn’t wind it a lot in the morning. Thanks!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The miyota 9015 movement’s rotor only winds the mainspring in one direction. In the other direction the rotor just spins — kinda like how you can coast / pedal backwards on a bike. But even so, the rotor should be able to keep the watch wound when it’s on your wrist. So that’s kinda odd that it’s stopping on your wrist. The movement might just need to be serviced or the mainspring might need to be replaced.

Reactions: reppotato

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
Thank you for your reply. It sucks because it’s a new watch. I have contacted Andrew for a repair. Thank you again for your input.