• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milsub 5517 Build

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
it's just a normal 2 piece canvas strap. Not the full NATO look of course (I can't stand the underpass)
oh okay. This is what I was trying to show you. they make straps with open ends so you can wrap it around the bar and then close it by pressing the tabs flat. for use on fixed bars.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
I think there was a change in a certain year, but beside that these are old watches and most
Of them got a service dial through the years.

Reactions: fotos

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
None of the millsubs had a Swiss made dial. Service dials If done were just 5513 dials.
All millsubs had Swiss - t <25 on them. The whole reason for the T with the circle around it was to note that it was a Tritium dial, which was a requirement of the Ministry of defence at the time the watches were issued. They were issued from 72’-79’

Reactions: fotos

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
it's just a normal 2 piece canvas strap. Not the full NATO look of course (I can't stand the underpass)

May I ask why? Is it because it raises the watch head too much or is it because you don't like the look?

If it's the first, Watch Bandit makes a nice "single pass" strap that is quite thin (1.2 mm).

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
May I ask why? Is it because it raises the watch head too much or is it because you don't like the look?

If it's the first, Watch Bandit makes a nice "single pass" strap that is quite thin (1.2 mm).

I also tried single pass. And good quality straps too.

I dislike the raised watch especially because I am often in a suit with shirt when I wear watches.

Also, I like wearing my watches a bit loose. You can't do that with a NATO as the watch head dangles.

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
I like wearing my watches a bit loose. You can't do that with a NATO
Yeah definitely can't do that. It defeats the purpose of a NATO strap! :ROFLMAO:

I am often in a suit
"Suit" is my new nickname for you. Better than Pikachu right?

Shit now I can't take out of my mind the image of Pikachu on a suit with a watch on a Nato Strap... I need another drink quick!

Last edited:

swissmadetime1966

Rolex Submariner Reference 5517 Milsub
17/12/23
Sweden
None of the millsubs had a Swiss made dial. Service dials If done were just 5513 dials.
All millsubs had Swiss - t <25 on them. The whole reason for the T with the circle around it was to note that it was a Tritium dial, which was a requirement of the Ministry of defence at the time the watches were issued. They were issued from 72’-79’
Both Singer and Stern Frères was suppliers of dials to Rolex Milsub. And they are both Swiss companys...

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Both Singer and Stern Frères was suppliers of dials to Rolex Milsub. And they are both Swiss companys...
You completely missed my point. NONE of the 5517 dials has "SWISS" on the bottom. of course they were swiss made, it just wasn't on the dial.