• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mille miglia gt xl chrono

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Just got myself one of these bad boys from a member on the forum
It's a 7750 version and it was sold to me as having a gen rubber strap.
which to be fair does seem to be.
only thing i was wondering is it seems quite hard to put the pin into the strap.
the holes are quite small and the pin on the deployment strap seems to be a fair bit bigger.
is this normal, if so anty tricks to help?

Thanks

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
It's a screw brother... Undo it, then size it accordingly... :)

The gen and rep straps are indistinguishable aside from the smell... I was curious about this one when I saw it for sale.... beautiful watch though :) Congrats

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
OMG
what an absolute plum!!!

it does smell like it is gen and the thing looks bloody brilliant.
i hear that its possibly one of the best out of box rep's going.
looking at it i can see why.
i think possibly only the colour of the dial may be slightly off from gen but then i'm only comparing it pics off their site.

Thanks

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Yep - color of dial is about the only tell to speak of, but due to the shiny metallic finish of the dial, it's almost impossible to tell the difference! Great watch - enjoy!!!

Congratulations

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I think you have a gen strap there. When I had the PAW watch the strap holes were quite big and the pin fit in there quite easily so I'm thinking yours is gen it's just that the gen clasp is different from the rep. That's a PITA clasp anyway. Probably the hardest clasp to operate be it rep or gen. You need to carry an effin screwdriver with you all the time in case you decide to adjust the damn thing

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
yea that was my fear actually.
i did notice that when i close the deployment clasp it does seem to be really quite hard to open again, got a bit worried that ui'm gonna break it.
is there some kind of nack to it?