• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Message to those who relume Ploprof's: Please learn how to do it right!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Two things I hate:

• Someone who doesn't take the time to do something right the first time because they were too lazy to do a little research first.
  • People who oooooooooh and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah over something done wrong and poorly.

Conversation starts like this:
This watch has been to The Zigmeister for a lume tune last year. I wore it today and this is what I saw when I walked into my darken house. I can't quite come up with the words to describe The Zigmeister lume job. I was wondering what you guys thought.
As soon as I saw the photo I knew it was done half-assed.

a693489a-6285-ee04.jpg

Figure it out yet?

Here's the lume shot.

a693489a-62a0-f9b3.jpg

These images got remarks like:

• Looks awesome!
  • Superb!!!!!!!!!!
  • Artistry.
  • Yup.... what everyone else said! Looks great!
    thumbsup.gif
  • When you say Zigmeister, you've said it all
  • Fantastic
    thumbsup.gif
Are you ******* kidding me??????????

Let's take a look at a gen for reference:

baselworld-2009-omega-ploprof-re-release-5.jpg

Lume is applied to the UNDERSIDE of the glass, not the depths of the bezel.

Let's take a look at the difference doing it that way gives you:

omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_lume.jpg

There'll be a ton of excuses why there's a difference, but there really isn't any excuse.

The problem with the V2 bezel is that the lume is applied on the metal under the saphire ring that makes a gap where dust and textile fibers can get stuck between if you use it every day.
The V1.5 have the lume applied directly on the crystal ring and does not have this problem.

This is a macro of my bezel and i think the problem is clear.
photo20120530015233.jpg

And cause im crazy enougth to buy the gen mesh for more than twice of the rep cost i can buy more than one little bottle of lume to make sure it will cover the whole bezel :lol1:

Here's a factory lume version-

Here's a lume shot on my V 1.5...And it stays at least 1/2 that bright all night long!!
IMG_0009.jpg
:wub::wub:​

Here's another example of the lume being applied incorrectly, but looks good despite the problem.

Guys ... you wanted to know what lume is on a Ploprof ... :)

Here is mine back from finedd ... amazing ! ... Great job Uwe - Thanks very much :)

More picts as soon as I'll get it in my hands

110711ploprfobackfromuw.jpg

110711ploprfobackfromuw.jpg

This is the RIGHT way to do it:

so i got a V2 swiss with a supamesh but I couldn't live with the grey V2 bezel.....
after checking out a gen at the AD I had to lume the dial and now its spot on.
IMG_0557.jpg

the white pops!
IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

lowlight lume shot... its super bright in the dark
IMG_2008.jpg

i couldn't wear it with the grey bezel. now i can't take it off.
i'm loving this watch.

Moral of the story: If you are going to have your Ploprof lumed, make sure that you tell the person who's doing it how to do it correctly. Just because they can spread some paste around doesn't mean they know where to put it.

Rant Over :facepalm:

TheBattler

26/7/10
If the V1.5 came with the V2 clasp it would be the one to get.

By the time you're done with the relume you'll be out an extra $350+ for a locking bezel and an extension clasp.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Thinkbachs very good post and you could not have more right, if correct apply the lume after study the genuine it makes a huge improvement. :)

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Imho , did u give him a chance to fix your problems with it ? if so did he bend over backwards to make it right or help u be happy? just asking, because i am in the business and i would like my customer to talk with me first before getting slammed like this , i have found many times we get upset with expectations but when u dont even know the customer isnt happy , u cant do anything to make it right ;) and im not offended him , just trying to help u be happy :)

also did u ask him has he done one before ?

hope he make it right for u , sry u are so upset

rbj69

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I have very little class, but not that little. The rant was based on something I saw on another forum, and have seen in the past. Feeling bad for those who spend the money and lost time having it done incorrectly annoys me. I'm only hoping that this informs others enough so that they don't have to go through the same thing.

:)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Joe! Looooooooong time no see mate.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I like when thing are done correct the first time. Please have a look at Wiz's relume jobs, huge diffrence.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Joe! Looooooooong time no see mate.
I know mate, it take so long to get back to happiness after all the health issues but i am starting to come around more ;) i see u are the head honcho now , u seem to be doing a great job around here ,, it weird seeing all the new faces ,, i remember when there were only 20 members , lol

rbj69

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Oops, the OP on the other thread did 'another' check and the results are below, looks like user error the first time he checked it....moral of the story, hard to verify how good random user "home taken" lume shots are.

a693488f-bedf-e12c.jpg

Have to say though, these are spectacular taken lume pics below...how it should be done!

omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_lume.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

hartdoc

14/9/11
I'm the OP,

Thank you, thankbach for the education

But the moral I take away from this is.

-I shouldnt take pics of ANYTHING with my iphone. I was too lazy to pull out my DSLR.
- If I'm going to take a pic on one of these forums, I need to properly charge up the lume and not just go into a darken room and snap a pic with the lume as is.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
I was gonna say something but i keep getting distracted by the pic sub4me put up.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Relumed V2

I got my lume from watchlume today. At first i was little disappointed cause there was little black dust in the golwing powder...

But any way. I started with the removal of the saphire bezel insert. And here we got the factory lume under it at the bezel. No lume on insert.

photo20120611193855filt.jpg

Then i start to add on the lume direct of the back on saphire bezel insert.

photo20120611195059filt.jpg

When it dryed and i had put it back with double adhessive tape each 5 min mark on the inside the result was this:

photo20120611235117filt.jpg

Compared to "40" in the before photo:
photo20120530015233.jpg

I will say im very pleased with the result this is also first time ever that i use watch lume.

And now the famous lume shot!
photo20120611234917filt.jpg

Not perfect in any way but good enought because this is quite cheap lume (34.50 $ starter kit)

:maty:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
I got my lume from watchlume today. At first i was little disappointed cause there was little black dust in the golwing powder...

But any way. I started with the removal of the saphire bezel insert. And here we got the factory lume under it at the bezel. No lume on insert.

photo20120611193855filt.jpg

Then i start to add on the lume direct of the back on saphire bezel insert.

photo20120611195059filt.jpg

When it dryed and i had put it back with double adhessive tape each 5 min mark on the inside the result was this:

photo20120611235117filt.jpg

Compared to "40" in the before photo:
photo20120530015233.jpg

I will say im very pleased with the result this is also first time ever that i use watch lume.

And now the famous lume shot!
photo20120611234917filt.jpg

Not perfect in any way but good enought because this is quite cheap lume (34.50 $ starter kit)

:maty:

Very good job indeed ,, and u should be proud of yourself and now when u look at your watch u will smile ;) self gratification is where its at

rbj69