• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

May I Introduce myself

pmjk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/06
Hello All,
Greetings from Canada.I am new to replica watch collecting, and the more I read escpecially about Submariners the more it becomes clear,clear as mud. I recently joined another forum as well RWG and have been reading there and on the net.I for one thought all replicas were created equally.I now know this is certainly not the case.Well I hope everyone can bear with any simplistic questions I might have.I kept reading about the right crystal for the watch,I though people were talking about in the movement,I now know they were speaking of the glass top part thingy :).So it seems i have much to learn.In any case take care all, good luck with all your searching.
Cheers,Peter

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D Hi Peter. Welcome to the best rep site around. You'll be happy to find few Canadians here as well. Have fun and visit often. :) :)

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Hey, don't worry about the simplistic questions. This is the only board with a GOAT as a mod :shock: . How simple can you get!

Welcome aboard and feel free to join in with anything. Other than me, we don't bite around here!!!!!!!

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Hello pmjk and Welcome to the Dark Side!

Feel free to ask all the questions you want. The only bad question is the one that goes unasked.

Oh, and please don't feed the goat! :wink:

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
Everyone has a different learning curve. Feel free to ask questions.

Ask in the flamefree zone so you won't be flamed for asking something stupid.

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
The learning about watches is the most fun. Hope you find a good Sub!!!!!

Higgy 8)

pmjk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/06
What a friendly Site

Thanks all of you for your warm welcome.You have a great site here.If any of my fellow Canadians are around Kingston/Napanee way let me know.I'll give you a tour of my work (prison),Followed by some drinks(real not rep) :)Rep wine gives me a headache .I just ordered a Military 5517 from Aspire i will post pics when it arrives if I can figure that out.If not i will e-mail them to whomever wants to see them.Now I am going to ask the question of all questions,Anyone I mean anyone know can source find steal or buy a 5508 sub rep or even a case I foind a guy that will do dials custom to what you want(classicwatchparts.com)I looked at the ones at Watchsilix but not only are they wrong in so many different ways they are sold out of them otherwise would have been a good starting point.
Cheers,Peter

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
hey peter!!

greetings from another peter from toronto!! good to see another canadian on the dark side!! enjoy ur time and the search button is VERY informative! definitely a wealth of knowledge here to help any decisions u make with watch purchases!!!!

Pete