• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maintenance for Calatrava 5296G

Ol129

Horology Curious
26/2/24
I'm new to the rep world and just got a Calatrava 5296G. For some reason, the watch will just stop ticking until I pull the crown out and push it back in. I have verified that the crown isn't pulled out slightly. What's the normal procedure for maintenance for this? I see some threads pointing to trusted maintenance people (https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/watchmakers-and-horologists.238/), but this link seems broken. I also see some threads recommending one reaches out to the TD. How would I know which route to take for fixing (or is this normal)?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Contact your TD and tell him about your problem. I assume the watch is brand new and it'S not something that happened >2 weeks after you received it and wore it.
Ask him what kind of solution he can offer. He'll possibly propose to ship the watch back to China, don't do that. Instead, contact either a normal watchmaker and ask him if he has qualms to work on a replica watch, making sure he knows the movement in question (I think the Calatrava should have a decorated Miyota, so any watchmaker should be able to service it). If you can't find a "normal" watchmaker willing to put his hands on a rep, try your luck here:

The link you posted might have been old.

With a bit of luck, you can sort out with the TD some kind of participation to the costs of repair (full/partial service refund or coupon on a next order).
Make sure you read the TD's terms and conditions first to understand your eligibility for a claim.

Reactions: sorginator

Ol129

Horology Curious
26/2/24
Contact your TD and tell him about your problem. I assume the watch is brand new and it'S not something that happened >2 weeks after you received it and wore it.
Ask him what kind of solution he can offer. He'll possibly propose to ship the watch back to China, don't do that. Instead, contact either a normal watchmaker and ask him if he has qualms to work on a replica watch, making sure he knows the movement in question (I think the Calatrava should have a decorated Miyota, so any watchmaker should be able to service it). If you can't find a "normal" watchmaker willing to put his hands on a rep, try your luck here:

The link you posted might have been old.

With a bit of luck, you can sort out with the TD some kind of participation to the costs of repair (full/partial service refund or coupon on a next order).
Make sure you read the TD's terms and conditions first to understand your eligibility for a claim.
Yes, it has been 5 days since I received it. I spent the last couple days trying to see if it was a one off and searching the forum to see if I could get an answer. I've reached out to him.
Is it normal to find a watchmaker who is ok with working on replicas or should I expect significantly adverse reactions? The Calatrava is a Miyota movement.
For the future, are the TDs with better warranty for the repair (ie. more likely to cover the service locally rather than require shipping to China)? The TD I ordered from says there is a 6 month warranty, but it's unclear what that means.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Is it normal to find a watchmaker who is ok with working on replicas or should I expect significantly adverse reactions?
It can happen, just call them and save time of going directly to them.
For the future, are the TDs with better warranty for the repair (ie. more likely to cover the service locally rather than require shipping to China)?
Not really, all similar/same, read the reviews to check with which one people had more luck.
The TD I ordered from says there is a 6 month warranty, but it's unclear what that means.
Standard wording. Contact him and go from there. You will have to be very patient, communication may be hiccuppy at best...

Reactions: Reaps

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I had the same problem! Shipped back to my TD for service.

NPwatchman

Watch Enthusiast
20/7/23
United States
As mentioned earlier but the 5296g (if purchased from ZF) is a decorated Miyota 9015. You should be able to have someone local service the watch but as @Feefo mentioned, I would not ship back to China.

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
It's really nice to see people doing this. In my short time here I've come across way too many people who get a watch with problems like this and just scream that they got scammed. You're doing everything right OP!