• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Luminox EVO F-117 Nighthawk Watch 6402 Blackout BO all black watch REVIEW

hobo

Horology Curious
25/2/14
I wanted an all black watch. I tried a PAM but that didn't work as the clasp broke right away, and I just put a leather one on it instead of deal with finding a clasp.

I became aware of tritium gas markers on watches and decided I had to have it. I then discovered this Luminox watch and decided that this was the one.

I have ordered most of my reps through aliexpress. I know that everybody here is obsessed with ordering only from TD's, but I haven't yet gotten around to figuring out how to optimally select the best product and price through this fragmented network of trusted suppliers. I'm sure some moron will say aliexpress is some bullshit or something, but I order all sorts of stuff through aliexpress all the time, it's just like through ebay.

I found many other Luminox 6402 blackout watches on aliexpress, but sellers of most of the cheaper ones confirmed that the ones they had only had glow in the dark luminescent markers. No good.

I found this one guy who confirmed that he had the tritium. Right now he has it listed for $265 but he had it on sale for less than that when I bought it. Here is the current listing and his page.

He told me: "To be honest, this is a replica, but it has original tritium gas, original movement and its quality is close to the original. And its water resistance is 200m."

If is this a rep (not sure if they would really rep a $500 something dollar watch...?), I figure the gen is quartz, so no big deal, and this uses the same movement and he says the water resistance is good. Sounds like a go to me.

I placed the order. The seller had a question about the order and he called my phone here in the USA. I did not want to talk on the phone, so I didn't pick up, but wow! Great service. He sent me qc pictures of the watch and his packaging for the shipment without me even asking. Fantastic. He emailed me when he saw that it cleared customs here to give me a heads up.

Anyway, the watch seems great. I already sized it and wore it. The tritium is neat. I can't do a comparison with superlume or anything since I don't have any superlume pieces yet, but the tritium isn't super bright. However, it glows all the time, and I can see it when it's dark, and in comparison, in the past, any time I want to check the time when it's dark, the lume is no longer bright enough to see at that point.

I have pictures for you guys but no attempt at lume pictures because I'm far too lazy to lug a tripod and camera gear out. Oh yeah, he also shipped one of those cheap blue plastic link resizer tools with it. Super convenient in case I didn't already have one.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

SJdAMeZ.jpg

MQvb2fH.jpg

UdRVMsu.jpg

vISrWuY.jpg

HipVUiF.jpg

YlSiMI3.jpg

2ybMess.jpg

32MScNW.jpg

bA76rXV.jpg

TbAUKt5.jpg

gF3JySj.jpg