• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Luminous markers fall off

PESCADOR

Still New
25/1/07
My friend just recieved his OP from Silix. All the luminous markers had fallen off the dial and three were flaoating around under the crystal. I told him if all the markers were there I could open the case and re-glue them but it looks like a couple are missing so he'll have to send it back - pay shipping and wait another 4 weeks. BUMMER! He's pissed!

Has anyone else had this problem?

pedrobrites

Known Member
16/2/07
yeah it has happened to me in the past with 2 sub's and a UPO but watchsmith just glued the markers on the dial and the problem was solved until now i haven't had any more problems 8)

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Yes this is very common on 4th gen PO and UPO. Overpriced watches due to that and also other problems people have such as crooked omega logo and some can't get the crown screwed in also the He valve usually doesn't move.

PESCADOR

Still New
25/1/07
If all the damn markers were there i'd just glue them too . Any chance the watchsmith has extra markers - maybe that would be faster than sending it back to China for Christ sake!

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Really, markers missing completly? I can say that has never happen to be in all the watches i have ordered. Falling off and floating around yes - but missing, that's different.

clint eastwood

Getting To Know The Place
7/6/06
i have same matter with a rolex 6238, i lost one and make it of aluminium, you can easily reglue them with epoxy glue , but don't use cyano glue, vapor can ruine the dial

f5mando

Still New
27/4/07
Yes, it's a dodgy move buying anything from Silix (either site) im my experience. I gave them a lot of opportunity to do right by me, with disappointing results: Returned/replaced, repaired watches (at my expense), but still the stuff they supply has bits that fall off and don't work right. Months can go by with no word from them, and when there finally is, it usually has no answer to the problem requiring attention. Promises, lies, and disappointment. I am surprised they're still endorsed by my favorite rep enthusiast sites..
I'm still trying to decide from whom to order the next time!

horologie_unitas

Respected Member
3/12/06
SILIX is always good for a surprise ! I always had my reasons not to buy there....his watches are a tat cheaper....but, - you get what you pay for.