• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Luming hands only : possible without removing them ?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
07head1gs1.jpg

Hi folks,

I love the B&R design but they are just too big for my wrist. So I went for a 39mm reduced (unaccurate) version and dressed it with a made to measure Gasgasbone strap.

Paid 80 dollars for the watch, so there are flaws I can accept.

However...

I have a lume problem : the markers and digits are (poorly) lumed. That's OK, I live with it. BUT the hands have no lume at all, figure that !! :mrgreen:

That annoys me more and more I must say. As you imagine, I won't spend 80 or 100 or more to have a real lume job done on this watch, all the more as I read that removing the hands on B&R reps was not that easy.

Therefore my questions :

- is a reluming... well, a LUMING possible on the hands only, without removing them ?
- who should I contact for this job ?

Thx for any advice.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I think that Ziggy or Vaccum just have done one..it's a difficult job...

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I have a BR 03-94 and I think when I will have some bucks I will ask for a reluming and double AR jobs..I like this watch

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
Yannou said:
I have a BR 03-94 and I think when I will have some bucks I will ask for a reluming and double AR jobs..I like this watch

and one more for me too, i have the 03-94, i will be make it, but it s sure if you went a good job... it s clearly not so easy.
and the original lum of the rep is very poor, bi color but very bad...
have someone with relum B&R pictures?
sylvain

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
As far as I'm concerned, I have no lume at all on the hands... :) That looks weird in the dark.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Pix said:
As far as I'm concerned, I have no lume at all on the hands... :) That looks weird in the dark.

I have just a few lume on the hands too on my 03-94

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Just to make it clear...

I have really NO lume :mrgreen:

photosw1.jpg

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Pix said:
Just to make it clear...

I have really NO lume :mrgreen:

photosw1.jpg

Whao..OK so a reluming job is a must go...but I will go with well-experienced modder on this one as the hands are very difficult..Zig or Vac

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
just a small tip to help, u have to put it on very thinly on those hands (just like the sandwich dials are done) meaning u dont use a small pin or toothpick and the lume has to be very extremely loose when applied , like water and u must remove the hands hope this helps

joe(rbj69)

lool

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/06
i think you can make it without removing it , due to lume and hand shape , you have just to paint it on the lume area, but you have to cover the dial to keep the lume away during applying the lume and in cure period, make the lume little watery to be more easy to apply, and you can apply more than layer to get better result but you have to wait until the previous layer dry and apply another one,

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Pix said:

If you think that's weird try the FM crazy hours, the only lume is on the hands. :lol:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
lool said:
i think you can make it without removing it , due to lume and hand shape , you have just to paint it on the lume area, but you have to cover the dial to keep the lume away during applying the lume and in cure period, make the lume little watery to be more easy to apply, and you can apply more than layer to get better result but you have to wait until the previous layer dry and apply another one,

why would u make it hard and risk having to worry about the watery lume dripping on the dial and ruining the mans money ? i think this is not good advice , i see what u mean but im also here to help the do it yourselfers and the people on the board and what u say is too risky imho

please dont read this as an attack to u personally , i know u mean well and sometimes two people can read something and take offense and that is by no means what im trying to do ok

your friend

joe(rbj69)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
guanaconaco said:
Pix said:

If you think that's weird try the FM crazy hours, the only lume is on the hands. :lol:

Sure... But this way you can read time, I can't :)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
My 2 cents here... yes it is possible but I would not recommend it. Taking off the hands when reluming is a good practice and would not add significant manpower hours/minutes to this job. Just take note that you really use good quality tools when removing and installing hands.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
You absolutly want the hands off and I am sure it wont cost any more money from a modder. In fact I am sure Vac would agree. Joe and Taka are on the money! :D
Nice watch BTW. Black dial with white is my fav.

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Don't forget that on the gen there is no lume on the second hand at all. Ziggy did my B&R and put lume on the second perfectly, but the real one doesn't have it. I prefer it to be lumed myself.