• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LUME

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Hey, Just wondering whether anyone knew if the lume on the newer AP ROO rubberclad still faded to grey in the sun?

If so, will getting it re-lumed sort it?

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Wow thanks for the link, so i take it the factories haven't sorted this problem then

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Alex, wouldn´t it be "safer" to have a relume done by "our" modders/watchguys?
This guy running this site doesn´t even have a known location/name/ number, just a contact form that look rather sketchy for a guy that want to give the impression he works on gen watches mostly?
I´m personally VERY sceptical towards sites like this.

If you still feel up for trying I suggest you send in a few questions on his contact form and asks for his business details so you can check him/ company out as much ass you can.
Would be really sad to see a fine watch just "vanish" and hearing him blame post office...

Just my 2cents.

Ps. Did I mention I´m a paranoid maniac?

youre_not_paranoid_quote_postcard-p239787317550780176qibm_400.jpg

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Alex, wouldn´t it be "safer" to have a relume done by "our" modders/watchguys?

youre_not_paranoid_quote_postcard-p239787317550780176qibm_400.jpg

Haha ofcourse, im not silly enough to just send my new found love of like that (atleast i hope im not)

I was just happy at the fact that if my dial was to sadly turn grey i could bring it back to life!!!

I have a fellow member that said he can sort out all my watch needs in the same city as me, so will probably get a lume job when i put it in for service shortly.

Thanks very much for looking out though

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
That site belongs to our "friend" up there and he has been warned before about shilling for work. He won't get another warning. If you wish to see some examples of his work, check his threads in w@tchlume's "post your lume pics" thread. Mate, you need more practice and it ain't gunna be on my member's watches.

Col.

flatfour

I'm Unknown!!
4/11/10
I have a watch send to him for reluming and he did a great job.

I found him trough this site, and since I wanted to keep my watch in the EU for personal reasons, I chose him.

Within a week he returned the watch with the reluming done, no problems, no hassle.

Oh, you can find pics of my watch on his website.

Shilling for work is better then begging for money I think...:thinking:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No. it's not mate. Much the same thing actually.
We have no control over the guy as he is not a dealer here so if something goes wrong the member is on his own. As for his work, all I have seen is what is posted here and some of it is not up to scratch. There are lumers in the EU who are trusted on the fora so why take the chance?

flatfour

I'm Unknown!!
4/11/10
Ok got it.
Don't want to start a war here... :)
He did my DSSD and it is a fine job, all that I can say.
He quickly replied mails and within a week the work was done.
I found this site browsing for reluming and chose him, donno why, but it's done... :)