• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LUBING WITHOUT DISASSEMBLY-- MYTH?

simonsays

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/08
having been a memeber of several boards for several months ive picked up alot of great stuff.

i keep seeing some mystical,mythical, half legend, half lore mention of some of the members ability to do a basic lube on our beloved movements WITHOUT DISASSEMBLY.possibly using hypodermic needles.

given that most movements come out of the factories with little or no oil, surely if such a thing existed then we should all be aware of this magic.

i spent a good two hours last night searching the boards for a "how to" on this .....nada!

so come on you watch wizards, why are we being kept in the dark. if this technique is possible, why havent you got your cameras out and produced a tutorial?

is it that, like old nessie, it doesnt really exist? or is it some secret art ,closely guarded by a fanatic band of wizend, hunchbacked horologists :?:

si

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
how much of the movement is accessable without disassembling it? You are probably only getting 10-25% the areas lubricated if i had to guess. Its also good to CLEAN the parts also.. i think trying to lube a movement without disassebly is pointless. There is just too much that you cant access.

dizz

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
you cannot properly service a watch without disassembling it first, it sounds more like a watch hack's way of trying to do a

half job then claim the watch was serviced. "Nah Nah Nah"...it would be like trying to brush your teeth via an orifice

other than the mouth.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
bool sheeite artists

will take a movement

no disassembly

swirl it around in lighter fluid, then

dunk in WD40

no disassembly at all

but then, what you get is liquified crap

:D

whatchys, even cheapo ones, need korrek of KY, or not worky long time..

or even short time..

quicky makes for none of lasting

relationship

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Open that caseback to expose the movement and dip it in some 10W50.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Many manuals exist on lubrication service and they are not all the same lubricant for the different parts (My ex girlfriend knows all about that)

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
bring her back

put in cage..

no lube needed

(ouch, cannot believe that was typed.. must be error!)

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
several crooks were offering lubing your movement without taking it apart. the right way ....it needs to be disassembled. to have it done right.

like ziggy said it....pour a gallon of oil over your engine and tell everybody its perfectly lubed.

i agree

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
ziggy ripped saying off

from internet watch dudes

with experience..

is ok

rip off with good service acceptable..

an zig is ok, even if primma donnnna

in own mind