• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lower price for New GMT??

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
I think this is now the second turn, cheaper, as this one dones'nt have the same hands stack like the genuine.

It use the same 2836-2 mod like other gmt models

pammo13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/4/06
I hoping they rep the new SeaDweller .............

jaras1

Horology Curious
28/5/08
digi said:
excellent!!!! :mrgreen:

But isn't it the correct hand stack and function as the gen that makes the "expensive" version MUCH more accurate to the rep. I think well worth the additional $100, especially if there really will me no more... a rare actual limited collectors edition rep.

IcedEarth817

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/06
I think I will take Trusty up on the $188 + shipping for the Asian ETA GMT IIc. I am not as picky of a collector, I just love the Ceramic Bezel so the hand stack and functionality of the watch doesn't bother me as much as the bezel and overall look and feel to the watch! CAnt wait!

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
When a larger quantity of anything is manufactured, it brings down the cost to make it. The ceramic GMT is wildly popular as a rep, so the dealers and customers get better prices. That's a good thing as long as QC remains acceptable.

digi

Known Member
2/9/07
jaras1 said:
digi said:
excellent!!!! :mrgreen:

But isn't it the correct hand stack and function as the gen that makes the "expensive" version MUCH more accurate to the rep. I think well worth the additional $100, especially if there really will me no more... a rare actual limited collectors edition rep.

I'd agree with your assertions, but the correct hand-stack seems to have some querks and personally I'd be happy to have a trouble free version.

Correct hand-stake is awesome, cheaper incorrect hand stake is great too. :)