• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost SMP He valve...

adkent

Horology Curious
19/11/06
Just noticed that I've lost the He valve to my SMP that I purchased through Andrew a while back. I know it doesn't do anything useful, but it looks pretty stupid without the valve cover. How does one go about getting another one of these things -- looking at ordering the UPO from him anyway. I have epoxy waiting...

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
This seems to be a weakness of all Omega He valve covers.

Having read similar horror-stories, I threadlocked the cover on my SMP GMT Pro as soon as it arrived.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
You can probably buy one off Andrew if he's able to get it, just shoot him an email. A member on this board told me he's replacing the He valve on his PO with a gen valve and I'd assume the piece that holds it on, you can probably order those from ofrei or other dealers. It'll probably run you in the range of $35 that way.

fernshaw

18/1/07
i lost mine as well. somebody could have a nice business replacing these things.

adkent

Horology Curious
19/11/06
Thanks, guys. I'm actually placing another order through Andrew (UPO, Seatimer) and will inquire about the extra valve. Speaking of which, do the SMP and UPO take the same valve? If so, I might just order a few extra, just in case.

fernshaw

18/1/07
I don't believe the valves are the same. also, pls keep us posted if andrew has these things. cheers

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
adkent said:
Thanks, guys. I'm actually placing another order through Andrew (UPO, Seatimer) and will inquire about the extra valve. Speaking of which, do the SMP and UPO take the same valve? If so, I might just order a few extra, just in case.

The valve looks different, not sure if it is the same thread and all. The SMP has the omega logo on it, whereas the UPO has the He logo on it instead.

Can the watch take a gen valve? Sure but it may require modding! That valve doesn't have lugs surrounding it like the crown, so you can theoretically put anything you want there as long as you have the right piece to hold it onto the watch (I'm not sure what the technical term is, a tube or whatever that may be).

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
crick said:
Do GEN HE valves fit?

It would be quite odd if they did. The rep He valve is just a screw shaped like a He valve that goes into a screw-hole on the rep. The genuine has a lot more tech behind it and it is designed to pop off if the pressure inside the watch becomes too high. So I don't expect it.

adkent

Horology Curious
19/11/06
Thanks, Natron. PM replied.

I did check with Andrew, and he can get them for a price. I'll probably take Natron up on his offer instead and get that lock-tite ready.

adkent

Horology Curious
19/11/06
I can confirm that Andrew can obtain these -- he included one in my recent order. I'd suggest doing the same -- great excuse to get another watch.

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
I have a UPO coming from PT and was wondering if the HE valve is just screwed on or loctited?
Otherwise I will loctite it myself when it arrives. Thanks, Stan