• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost My Pearl !

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
I need some advise from the knowledgeable folk on this site. I own two PO reps that are my pride and joy and not wanting to damage them in my workshop I bought a $100 rep from WBK.:thumbsup:

This is good value for money and keeps excellent time, an ideal daily wear that gets many compliments.

I noticed the other day the pearl is missing. At first it did not bother me but, as the days passed I noticed it more and more. Now it's screaming at me.:crazy:

Is there an easy fix? I realise I could change the bezel but, to be honest I can't be arsed. Is Lume a liquid? Can anyone recommend something to fill that vast canyon where the pearl once sat?

Here's the picture.

Good luck, Phil

IMG_0523.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Exact same thing happened to my blue SMP. I would suggest buying some lume and practice. :)

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
There are a few tutorials on how to build a pearl. Mix lume with binder and off you go. Cover with clear (insert appropriate english term here).

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I saw some replacing their pearls with epoxy... try to contact "bigdeal" or look on his post, because he just completed and posted one lately.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
white paint as a backdrop, lume mixed with epoxy to fill it. This was the essence of the tutorial.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
I saw some replacing their pearls with epoxy... try to contact "bigdeal" or look on his post, because he just completed and posted one lately.

Yeah, it's remarkably easy to fix this, you just need to get your hands on some lume powder...

(if you can't wait, just mix some color in with some clear epoxy and put a small drop on there... It won't be perfect, and won't lume, but will probably look better than nothing...)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
contact a dealer for an entire replacement bezel. The pearl you had was poor to begin with, why fix it? It should resemble an Omega pearl, not a Rolex pearl.

When I had my SMP, I changed em. Incorrect on left, correct on right.

DSC02695.jpg

DSC026954.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

Phil G

29/9/10
:thumbsup:Thank you all for your prompt and informative replies.
Answers were coming quicker than a Google search. I've ordered some Lume off eBay and will have a go.

Failing that a replacement bezel

Good luck, Phil

Phil G

29/9/10
So I figured it's not worth spending $25 on a $100. I bought some liquid Lume type stuff off an eBay seller for about $6 posted. There was about 50ml of liquid in the phial, green colour.

It's quite thick and I applied it with the tip of a small screwdriver. Left it for a couple of hours and it had dried off, two more applications and it was done.

I know it's not the perfect pearl and a new bezel would have been neater but, it's a $100 rep. Anyway, here's two pics
:thumbsup:

SMPPearl.jpg

ABCD0004.jpg

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
P4GTR,

I think you would be extremely lucky if you could find another bezel insert with that pearl. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it almost impossible to find that recessed pearl now a days?

Btw: was that SMP one of the old school Swiss models?

contact a dealer for an entire replacement bezel. The pearl you had was poor to begin with, why fix it? It should resemble an Omega pearl, not a Rolex pearl.

When I had my SMP, I changed em. Incorrect on left, correct on right.

DSC02695.jpg

DSC026954.jpg

DSC02718.jpg