• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose part in new CF 126710 DD3285...help ID this part that fell out!

Hugg727

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
So i received my new Batgirl about 2 weeks ago from @jtimewatch and prior to getting the watch, I ordered a Deep xtal for it. I was very impressed with the Deep crystal that I had put on my ZF 116610LN and I thought it would be a nice add to the Batgirl. I was very happy with the QC / timegrapher / etc and it was holding great time @ about - 2sec a day.
I decided that I would do the xtal on Saturday so I could show the watch to the family on Sunday ( mothers day). I changed the crystal in the morning and wore the watch to dinner on Saturday night. I followed the instructions exactly as told by @KJ2020 and some others on how to tape up the case, remove the bezel/insert, gasket height etc....It was the 2nd crystal that I had installed and the second one is always easier and quicker than the first / Sub that I did. Never at any point did I take the case back off. Like my Sub, I installed the crystal with the movement still in the case.
On Sunday my son, who owns a gen bluesy Sub and is also (like me ) on a 4yr waiting list for a Pepsi, comes over early to check out the watch. While he is impressed with the appearance of the watch he notices that the watch isn't ticking. He winds it further and still no movement from the hands. We pull out the crown and everything (date, GMT hand, etc) seems to be working ok but when we put the crown back in, still no hands movement. I tap the back of the case gently with my fingers and the watch starts working again. He puts the watch back on his wrist and 3 minutes later the watch stops again. This sequence happens 2 more times and now I am ready to open this thing up to see what's going on. I notice that as soon as I loosened the case back up, it started ticking again. My immediate thought was that the gasket was somehow hitting the balance. I take the caseback off and upon first glance , everything looks good. For good measure, I lube the gasket and confirm that it is seated correctly in the channel. I put the caseback back on and only "hand " tighten it........and the watch stops. I back the caseback out slowly with my little Bergeon ball as I watch the dial and about 1 full turn out, it starts working again. I take the back fully off and while tilting the watch this small little "plate" falls out. It has a Rolex number on it but I cannot find any part number that matches this. It also feel like it was "stamped" and might be a piece of waste that should not be in the watch.

I wore the watch all day yesterday and it seems to be fine. I am going to wear it all day today to see if I notice anything strange with the movement. I am trying to upload the pic but I might need to get off my work pc to do so. Please give me a sec to upload on a different pc.

Last edited:

svshawn

Renowned Member
24/2/14
I had a similar issue with pressing the crystal too far down. Once the crystal was at proper height the issue was resolved. As for your part it would be easier to see it. Hope that helps. I’m sure KJ will chime in and give you a solid solution.

Reactions: Hugg727

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
So i received my new Batgirl about 2 weeks ago from @jtimewatch and prior to getting the watch, I ordered a Deep xtal for it. I was very impressed with the Deep crystal that I had put on my ZF 116610LN and I thought it would be a nice add to the Batgirl. I was very happy with the QC / timegrapher / etc and it was holding great time @ about - 2sec a day.
I decided that I would do the xtal on Saturday so I could show the watch to the family on Sunday ( mothers day). I changed the crystal in the morning and wore the watch to dinner on Saturday night. I followed the instructions exactly as told by @KJ2020 and some others on how to tape up the case, remove the bezel/insert, gasket height etc....It was the 2nd crystal that I had installed and the second one is always easier and quicker than the first / Sub that I did. Never at any point did I take the case back off. Like my Sub, I installed the crystal with the movement still in the case.
On Sunday my son, who owns a gen bluesy Sub and is also (like me ) on a 4yr waiting list for a Pepsi, comes over early to check out the watch. While he is impressed with the appearance of the watch he notices that the watch isn't ticking. He winds it further and still no movement from the hands. We pull out the crown and everything (date, GMT hand, etc) seems to be working ok but when we put the crown back in, still no hands movement. I tap the back of the case gently with my fingers and the watch starts working again. He puts the watch back on his wrist and 3 minutes later the watch stops again. This sequence happens 2 more times and now I am ready to open this thing up to see what's going on. I notice that as soon as I loosened the case back up, it started ticking again. My immediate thought was that the gasket was somehow hitting the balance. I take the caseback off and upon first glance , everything looks good. For good measure, I lube the gasket and confirm that it is seated correctly in the channel. I put the caseback back on and only "hand " tighten it........and the watch stops. I back the caseback out slowly with my little Bergeon ball as I watch the dial and about 1 full turn out, it starts working again. I take the back fully off and while tilting the watch this small little "plate" falls out. It has a Rolex number on it but I cannot find any part number that matches this. It also feel like it was "stamped" and might be a piece of waste that should not be in the watch.

I wore the watch all day yesterday and it seems to be fine. I am going to wear it all day today to see if I notice anything strange with the movement. I am trying to upload the pic but I might need to get off my work pc to do so. Please give me a sec to upload on a different pc.

Looks like a decorative plate that fell off.

Reactions: Hugg727

Hugg727

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
Crystal height is good, everything working properly now.