• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose Datejust End Link

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
i just received my BP 36mm DJ on Jubilee. The top end link is loose at 1:00 and the bottom end link is loose at 7:00. Is this the end link or the spring bar?

Seems odd that only one lug on each side is loose. https://vimeo.com/346189051

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Since both and links were millled the same, It's not complete surprising to me that you have the same side of both endlinks wiggling a little. You could try wrapping a piece of tape around the spring bar to see if it eliminates that play.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Check the condition of the springbars. Sometimes the tips are bent toward the case to force a fit and they may be weakened. Trying a better quality one or maybe a slightly larger one might fix it. Even swapping the springbar end for end in the same end link can make a difference sometimes.

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
Thanks for the replies! Spring bar ends are straight and not damaged. I did find some extra material inside the lug hole at 1:00 and when cleaning it out with a toothpick, the toothpick broke through a little deeper.

My novice tech thinking is that there may be an issue with the lug holes at 1:00 and 7:00 allowing the spring bar ends to shift. I can’t find where anyone has received a case with bad holes. Thoughts? The case is BP.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Extra material? As in SS or some trash? Sounds like you might be right about a bungled drill job. You can try a slightly larger bar, or try adding a layer of clear shipping tape inside the whole lug wall. Just a custom cut triangle piece right over the hole, not visible with the bracelet installed. Put that pin in first so you don't scrape it away.

vantri

Known Member
10/5/07
Yes, after removing the spring bar and end link, I went to measure the lug distance with my calipers and noticed a tiny pigtail of SS poking out of the lug hole.

I really appreciate the advice regarding taping the gap and the lug hole, however, I just got the watch last week from a TD who QC’d the watch with pics and a video so I really don’t want to rig this fitment.

I paid a good bit for the watch and am concerned about shipping it back and it not making it back to the TD. If a bigger spring bar will snug it in the lugs I will keep it, however this absolutely should have been caught during QC.

Last edited: