• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking to buy a rep PO

kingsen87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Hi guys, im new in here. Was reading up this forum quite alot recently and decided to buy my first rep which is the omega planet ocean.
Was looking to buy from trevor (hes the only TD that replied my mails so far) and he got some competitive pricing. Had some queries for my purchase.

Shld i get the Version 5 , with Asian 4813 28800bph : $140 ?

Or the ultimate version (Asian ETA 2824 movement) : $208 ?

I'm not interested in the swiss eta , not into modding the watch , just want a decent working piece which doesn't look fake. Durable if possible.
Thanks for advice !:cheers:

Ultima

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/1/13
Asian ETA! You'll def catch the Franken Fever, so might as well give yourself the flexibility of doing so.

Plus the Gen PO Movements are based on the ETA 2892?
Similar to the ETA 2824.

kjo43

19/1/13
First you'd need to decide if you want a 42 or 45.5MM watch

the UPO is 45.5MM

the PO V5 is 42MM

Hard to go wrong with either :thumbsup:

kingsen87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Yea still thinking 42MM or 45.5MM

Any feedback on the 4813 movement ? Its like 68 bucks cheaper than 2824 :eek:

Btw what is Franken Fever ? (sorry im noob)

Ultima

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/1/13
Yea still thinking 42MM or 45.5MM

Any feedback on the 4813 movement ? Its like 68 bucks cheaper than 2824 :eek:

Btw what is Franken Fever ? (sorry im noob)

lol, modding the watch here and there to make more gen-like.
I know you've stated that you weren't interested in modding, but it's the minor details that will make the difference.

but based on what i've read, you can't go wrong with either or

kingsen87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Thanks alot for all the helpful advice guys. Awesome forum !

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
get the eta. make sure you ask the TD about the loose fitting crown issue. Make sure you have the batch of watches that are fixed up. (most likely they'll say, yes! yes! of course! - but it doesn't hurt to ask, as they know about that issue)

kingsen87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Okay. So the main issue to look out for is the loose crown ? Any other major problems?

corres798

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/1/13
go with 45mm UPO not problems...
42mm 5ver has crown problem why i dont know!

kjo43

19/1/13
What's a good dealer for the UPO?

Hey bud... I'm about as green here as they come, but I've got many hours of reading the FAQ's and sticky's that are all over this site. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor to do the same, there is LOTS of great info.

Besides... its Chinese New Year and you've got 3 weeks to kill before you can order a watch.:thumbsup:

3 hints...
- Read the thread in this section about the new version of the PO/UPO thats expected in Feb.
- Be patient and watch the pro's here & follow their lead with what they buy & their reviews.
-The dealers don't make the watches, they just sell them.

kingsen87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
Hey bud... I'm about as green here as they come, but I've got many hours of reading the FAQ's and sticky's that are all over this site. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor to do the same, there is LOTS of great info.

Besides... its Chinese New Year and you've got 3 weeks to kill before you can order a watch.:thumbsup:

3 hints...
- Read the thread in this section about the new version of the PO/UPO thats expected in Feb.
- Be patient and watch the pro's here & follow their lead with what they buy & their reviews.
-The dealers don't make the watches, they just sell them.
Good answer bro. For myself , most likely I'll be taking the 45mm UPO from Trevor. I've read more than half of his reviews , absolutely awesome TD imo. Actually I'm interested in DSSD too... but buying 2 automatic watch at the same time, means I might need a watch winder at home. Any of you guys has any tips or recommendation where to purchase a cheap winder ?

allvols6

Horology Curious
30/1/13
does anyone buy from perfect clone anymore with josh. i have bought three wayches from him and you get exactly what is in pic and he is fast to respond and ships to us in a week. i dont hear about him much anymore