• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a SMP Blue Wave

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Hey guys. Does anyone know if any of the trusted dealers has a Seamaster Professional 300M 41mm with the blue wave dial. I've been searching their sites, but haven't found one. Is there a rep version of this one out there? Here's a pic from Omega's site.
SMP300M_blue_41mm.png

Thanks

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Was that his 602 or a different one? The 602 is a good looking watch, but seems to be OOS. Does it have Seamaster in red under Omega? His pic seems similar but different.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
No worries CC. :) I just like the extra color touch of on the dial. If I can't find the red Seamaster, I'll probably go for WBK's when he has them back in stock.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
So now I gotta register at RWG too, eh? LOL

Thanks for the link 5566, but that's a 007 dial & I'm looking for the wave dial. I know, I'm kinda picky.

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Hey there 68 Olds,

I wanted the same thing, so I sent the picture to Lay at ReplicaMake and he hooked me up with a beautiful watch. Here's a link to the mini-review I wrote:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/1st-rep-omega-seamaster-pro-55909

I would definitely recommend Lay, he is an absolute pleasure to work with and does an excellent job with customer service, truly the best. Hope this helps, and good luck with the search!

-Alex

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
+11eventy billion for WBK!

I bought the same blue SMP cobra's got!

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Thanks so much for the lead Alex! I'll definitely be sending Lay a PM. Your pics look to be of the exact version I'm looking for. :D

i.pimentel, WBK's SMP is a close second. We'll see how things work out with ReplicaMake first though.

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Glad I could help, Lay is a great guy! I've already bought two more watches from him because he gave me such a great deal on my first watch. He always sends a QC video of the watch for your approval before shipping, and I have never dealt with someone who responds to emails as quickly as Lay. Good luck and I hope you'll be as happy with your watch as I am with mine!

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09
Hi 68olds,

I really wanted this watch as well but I didn't end up getting it. I did a little research on the rep of this watch(the one with the red seamaster writings), and I found some obvious flaws in it and I just thought that you might want to know some extra info.

The number 1 flaw in this rep is the crown guard.
If you look closely at the Gen, you will see that the Crown guard has a little V shape cut that reveals the crown whereas the rep's crown guard just covers the entire crown.

The Number 2 flow is the Silver OMEGA Writings on the Dial.
If you look at the zoom-in pics of the Gen and the Rep (you will be able to find some in Perfect clones watch site)
You will see that the Gen looks like O-M-E-G-A, and the rep looks like Q M_E_G_A

Lastly the Rep doesn't have AR coating which is an easy fix just sent it to Chief!
Other then these, it is still a very nice rep.

I hope you might find this helpful.

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Hi 68olds,

I really wanted this watch as well but I didn't end up getting it. I did a little research on the rep of this watch(the one with the red seamaster writings), and I found some obvious flaws in it and I just thought that you might want to know some extra info.

The number 1 flaw in this rep is the crown guard.
If you look closely at the Gen, you will see that the Crown guard has a little V shape cut that reveals the crown whereas the rep's crown guard just covers the entire crown.

The Number 2 flow is the Silver OMEGA Writings on the Dial.
If you look at the zoom-in pics of the Gen and the Rep (you will be able to find some in Perfect clones watch site)
You will see that the Gen looks like O-M-E-G-A, and the rep looks like Q M_E_G_A

Lastly the Rep doesn't have AR coating which is an easy fix just sent it to Chief!
Other then these, it is still a very nice rep.

I hope you might find this helpful.

Yes, but these are ~$200 reps vs. $2500 gens we're talking about, they aren't gonna be perfect. There are other problems with this watch as well, ie bezel lined up perfectly in the wrong spot and short hands, but these can all be fixed. No watch is going to be perfect, and if you want to try to fool the ADs, you can always fork over a little extra $$ to get it modded perfectly.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

P.S. The QMEGA thing was what bothered me most about the watch before I bought it, but it's really not very noticeable at all on the watch when you're wearing it IMO

68Olds

9/7/10
US
I already have a couple of PO rep's, so I know the game. One is a great looking black bezel/black rubber strap model, but I took the back off & it has a pretty crappy movement. The other is an orange chrono w/ a pretty nice ss braclet. Details on the dial are really bad and the chrono doesn't work, but it has a nice movement. Still looks nice on the wrist to an observer though.

I'm looking forward to getting a really nice rep with a really nice look & really nice rep movement from Lay. :)

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Good choice, I wholly congratulate you on your purchase! Even with these flaws, I am still in love with this watch! Congrats and remember to post pictures when you get it!