• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking For a DeVille Hour Vision, Need Help

rvd788

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/11
Hey guys,

Ive been doing research now for a couple weeks. Im looking for an Omega Hour Vision (preferably Blue even though it may be impossible to get one) with a leather band. I have not seen any good reps, maybe i looked in the wrong places. Ive been pm'ing dealers looking for one and we are going back and forth. I like that most of these Hour Vision reps come with Swiss Movement. A

Anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a nice Hour Vision?

Thanx for the help

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5DyegGk9WLo/Tg3rEd-WjgI/AAAAAAAADcg/NetUraXOhQg/IMG_1416.jpg
http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0111/25/Omega-Hour-Vision-Blue-wristwatch-1.jpg

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Send the pictures to 3 or 4 dealers, they will look it up for you..
Nice watch btw!!

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Firstly - sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't a rep of the Hour Vision that is blue, last time I checked. Think the blue range is new, while the rep was based off the older line, but perhaps in time, the repmakers will come up with a blue one. And with that, my humble comments on the older reps below...

Secondly, please please please be careful with watches that promote themselves as having a swiss movement - there are a lot of doubts on this forum as to this claim. You may or may not get a genuine swiss eta, and you are probably safer not taking the risk, IMHO.

Third - bear in mind that because the Hour Vision is see-through at the back (and sides!), it will be very very obvious that it's a rep. Afterall, the see-through watch case was designed to highlight the movement.

Fourth - and if the above isn't going to be a problem, you may also want to be careful with what's on the watch dial. I notice that there seems to be two different series of the rep - an older one with the date-window at about the right position, and a newer one where the date window is way off. And also, the rep makers seem to get the colour of the second hand wrong on quite a number of models.

Having said that, I bought a stainless steel, black dial with red numbers about a year ago. Love the finish on the case, the bracelet wasn't too bad. The "rhodium" track on the dial was a little "goldish", which isn't what it's supposed to be. and of course the movement is a clear tell. Oh, and the AR was super blue. I guess what I'm trying to say is, based on my experience previously, if you are nit-picky, better not get a rep.

However, since then, perhaps the repmakers have improved and maybe they've even come up with a blue one like the one in your pictures. Good luck with that, but bear in mind the problems I've had above with the older model, and be careful in choosing yours. Good luck.

rvd788

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/11
Firstly - sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't a rep of the Hour Vision that is blue, last time I checked. Think the blue range is new, while the rep was based off the older line, but perhaps in time, the repmakers will come up with a blue one. And with that, my humble comments on the older reps below...

Secondly, please please please be careful with watches that promote themselves as having a swiss movement - there are a lot of doubts on this forum as to this claim. You may or may not get a genuine swiss eta, and you are probably safer not taking the risk, IMHO.

Third - bear in mind that because the Hour Vision is see-through at the back (and sides!), it will be very very obvious that it's a rep. Afterall, the see-through watch case was designed to highlight the movement.

Fourth - and if the above isn't going to be a problem, you may also want to be careful with what's on the watch dial. I notice that there seems to be two different series of the rep - an older one with the date-window at about the right position, and a newer one where the date window is way off. And also, the rep makers seem to get the colour of the second hand wrong on quite a number of models.

Having said that, I bought a stainless steel, black dial with red numbers about a year ago. Love the finish on the case, the bracelet wasn't too bad. The "rhodium" track on the dial was a little "goldish", which isn't what it's supposed to be. and of course the movement is a clear tell. Oh, and the AR was super blue. I guess what I'm trying to say is, based on my experience previously, if you are nit-picky, better not get a rep.

However, since then, perhaps the repmakers have improved and maybe they've even come up with a blue one like the one in your pictures. Good luck with that, but bear in mind the problems I've had above with the older model, and be careful in choosing yours. Good luck.

thanx alot for the insight, i am still doing my research and i agree with alot of points you made. i am keeping in contact with a few dealers here and they are searching for me. i hope soon that a good rep of the hour visions will come out. i greatly appreciate the help