• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking at the 36mm seamaster

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
I decided to order a Seiko (SNZF29) and that has pacified me for a short while. However, I am now thinking of the next watch.

As I have mentioned, I have a very small wrist; so, that limits my selection. I am hesitant to go with another Rolex, even though some of the AirKings are attractive. Part of my concern with Rolex is that Rolex gets a lot of scrutiny.

As such, I am giving Omega a hard look. There is one in particular that I like, the mid-size (36mm) Seamaster 300m Chronometer, model 2222.80.00.

What surprises me is that I can only find one rep of it. Further, the rep I am finding is not at a, current, TD.

Looking at the rep I notice several things wrong on the face. In particular:
Gen:

• Top, centered over each other: (symbol), word “OMEGA”, word in red cursive, “Seamaster”

• Bottom, centered over each other: words “PROFESSOINAL”, “CO-AXIAL”, “CHRONOMETER”, larger font “300m/1000ft”

• Pearl: smaller with a visible metal ring around it
Rep:

• Top, centered over each other: (symbol), word “OMEGA”

• Bottom, centered over each other: word in white cursive “Seamaster”, “CHRONOMETER”, larger font “300m/1000ft”

• Pearl: larger

So, here come the questions:

1. Do any TDs carry this watch?
  2. Do the differences in the printing on the face reflect error; or, different production years styling?
  3. Is it a decent watch in terms of:
    1. Quality of rep?
    2. Intrinsic quality as a watch?

Bardamu

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/11
I cannot help you for the quality of the rep.

For the question of "where can I find it", keep in mind that even if your usual Trusted Dealer doesn't present a model on his website, it doesn't mean that he's unable to provide it. You can explain him what you're looking for, and probably he could source it.

Regarding Trusty, he's not TD on RWI, but he's TD on other rep forums.

Paul

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
Well, I got an answer, not the one I wanted; but an answer all the same.
This watch is out of stocks and not made anymore. Apologies. Thanks

Regards,
Andrew