• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liquid Metal Planet Ocean - quick review

mapletree

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/13
First review...yeaaaah...

For the last few days, I have been visiting a few AD's looking at the Seamaster planet ocean range. I tried on a few and really liked them. During this time, i had ordered a LMPO-LE from asian7750. Funnily enough, the AD saleswoman was quite impressed with the knowledge I had, which i got from this forum. :cheers:
The one thing that surprised me was when she said there are no seamasters with a 'red' tip on the seconds hand. I only mentioned it as the current models are orange. She commented that if i saw one that was red, it was a fake.....anyway, i did not press the point.

Well, the parcel came, and lo and behold....here are the pics. Fresh from holding a gen omega PO during the day, what I can tell you is that the look, clarity, heft and bracelet are excellent compared to the gen models. I am ecstatic with my latest purchase. Resizing the bracelet was a pain, even with the pin press etc etc. I had to bring it to a watch maker to help me fix one of the hinge pins, which i broke...:facepalm:

Some may point out some niggly faults, especially when zoomed in 10x, but in real life, and compared to the gen, its actually quite hard to tell. Knowing what i know now, I think the main giveaway is the higher beat movement in the rep. The swiss rep mvmt that I bought is much smoother. cheers

bob

enthusiastic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/13
the pictures are so tiny. T_T hard to see on my phone but congratulation.

mapletree

7/9/13
Sorry about that. Didn't realise the compression i was using. Hope these pics are better.

farmboy

Known Member
3/8/13
Congratulations on your new lmpo !!! Mine should be arriving in the next couple days. It's a great looking omega.

mapletree

7/9/13
The lmpo is a very nice rep farmboy. I am sure you will be happy with yours. Hopefully not too much longer!

NF: yups, got the Swiss movement in this one. I was thinking it may be a bit easier to get it serviced down the line.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Actually everything looks pretty straight, except for 12 and 9 markers. Which I believe is a standard problem, 12 is to the left, 6 is to the right and 9 is down. I don't know why it is so hard to align them properly.
If I could get one like this, I would also buy it.

mapletree

7/9/13
Thanks guys. I was a bit worried after reading the QC issues from the first few batches. I rejected the first QC pics that I got. It had very nice markers etc, but the '12' was crooked. I approved the 2nd lmpo qc pics.

The markers may be a bit off but tbh, looking at the gen at 10x zoom, I think you will likely to see some faults too. I am probably too old to see what you whipper snappers can see. Lol

Bob

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
I now looked at pictures of gens, and these little markers don't seem to be aligned either. Or they are just so much dependant of the angle.
I don't know, I will have to thoroughly examine this issue.

Look here:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...ion-brand-new-box-photo-intensive-718378.html
12 marker seems to be too much to the right and perhaps 1 sits a little bit higher than 2.

And here also the 6 o'clock marker looks to be to the left:
http://blog.perpetuelle.com/watches/omega-liquidmetal-planet-ocean-review/

I might just buy this rep, yours is very gen like.

farmboy

Known Member
3/8/13
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but my qc pics show my dial to be very close also. I agree that the markers look different depending on the angle of the watch in the photo. I have wanted this watch for a while, but was very hesitant on the early batches. I know it's a rep, but seriously... 300 dollars and you expect some decent quality on the dial. I really believe there are good ones now, grim. Just have to trust your dealer will get the best ones available.

mapletree

7/9/13
Looking for perfection where it does not exist might do your head in. :)

Not saying to accept just any old junk, but as you can see in your research, even the gen have apparently similar issues. Thing is, at normal distances (1-2ft), it will take a big flaw to be noticeable. This rep looks brilliant in person. :cheer::cheer:

hth
Bob

I now looked at pictures of gens, and these little markers don't seem to be aligned either. Or they are just so much dependant of the angle.
I don't know, I will have to thoroughly examine this issue.

Look here:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...ion-brand-new-box-photo-intensive-718378.html
12 marker seems to be too much to the right and perhaps 1 sits a little bit higher than 2.

And here also the 6 o'clock marker looks to be to the left:
http://blog.perpetuelle.com/watches/omega-liquidmetal-planet-ocean-review/

I might just buy this rep, yours is very gen like.