• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Leather Strap Sugestions for moonwatch

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
I'm looking to get a black leather strap for my Speedmaster moon watch. The variety I've seen on the net is bewildering. Really need some guidance regarding:

A) What style is best. By this I mean things like smooth leather or crock pattern, white stitching or black, mat or shiny. I wear my Speedy mostly in casual and smart casual settings but I still want it to look good with a suit.

B) Where to get some nice good value straps. Not too nice though. I know some will cringe but I really can't justify more than $50 US.

I'm off to sleep now but look forward reading your thoughts in the morning.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
moon-02-640.jpg

dangerman

4/10/06
Thanks Pug.

Had to check one final time before I turn in for the night and what do I see...sigh.

Just beautiful!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
mpala96 said:
I like that black strap....Where did it come from?
Over the counter in a cheap shop in Thailand. To be honest, it's a fairly generic padded pilot's strap, so I'd expect you could get one at your regular strap supplier. I'd list mine, but you'd all complain they're European. :D

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
andreww said:
Its actually a Bob Navitimer strap I believe.
The Bob for Breitling is 22mm. Yes, that was admittedly my inspiration (I had my Seiko SKX031 on the Bob for that holiday) and I just trawled the shop for a 20mm equivalent. :D

I found a lot in that style, and this one was the one I finally chose.

dangerman

4/10/06
manydivers said:
http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/access/PBdeploy.htm

PB1.jpg

or similar + a decent strap

/mds.

Thanks guys.

Watchworx looked great. I actually found them a while ago and tried to order but they just do not respond to emails. Sent 6 emails over seven weeks including one with an actual order and never got a reply. So frustrating as they have some great straps and good prices. I'll try and find some like the above on some other sites.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
dangerman said:
Thanks guys.

Watchworx looked great. I actually found them a while ago and tried to order but they just do not respond to emails.

Had same problem. Tried to contact them with questions, never had a reply.