• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest PO from omega - Gray/Grey Bezel?

Tmax

Known Member
19/7/10
Looking today at the Omega site, and the PO's seem to have a grey bezel insert? and I see they are changing to a display back case!

Now guys what are we doing about it in the rep world?

Is that bezel grey/gray and ceramic?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Not sure about the bezel, but here's what they say about the dial:

The applied indexes on the dials of the watches in the new Planet Ocean family are coated with white Super-LumiNova emitting a blue light as are the polished, facetted rhodium-plated hands. The exception is the minute hand which emits a green light, as does the dot on the diving bezel. This feature makes it easy for divers to keep track of their elapsed time at a glance.

Sounds like the lume on the Liquidmetal if I'm not mistaken, or another model that was discussed here recently. I remember people talking about the green minute hand and bezel dot contrasting with the blue lume. Maybe it was the Ti case one, I can't remember.

EDIT: It was the Ti case.

OMEGASeamasterPlanetOcean02.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I just don't like mismatched lume, how many of the buyers will actually ever dive with the smegging thing.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Very unique, but that lume will have to grow on me ...... I'm not there yet!

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Nope...The Bezel on the new LM is sweet...IMO..but mismatching lume color and the smaller 12, 3, 6 and 9 markers.......I dunno.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
One thing only for the POc
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auslander

18/2/11
I would LOVE to source the dial. The bezel, on the other hand, if available would cost a small fortune. I went to my AD the other day to look at one; $6k!. Twice the price of my Orange PO when I got it :-/

Although less than a DSSD, even less than a new Ceramic Sub. So its a bargain compared to a Rollie /eyeroll

Its only a matter of time before knock offs are made. I'm afraid they'll look nothing like Gen lawl; they look SPECTACULAR in person.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
What a beautiful watch maybe the price of last years PO will go down enough for me to purchase.

auslander

18/2/11
What a beautiful watch maybe the price of last years PO will go down enough for me to purchase.

They have gone down. You can get a very good used PO for $2-2.5k. New will be a little more. My buddy wheeled and dealed for a BLK/BLK PO with rubber strap for ~$2700.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
That is a pretty good deal. Might have to go to the Omega AD and check into that.

Don't really want to buy one off the internet even though I know what a replica looks like

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
They have gone down. You can get a very good used PO for $2-2.5k. New will be a little more. My buddy wheeled and dealed for a BLK/BLK PO with rubber strap for ~$2700.

I understand that Omega announced there will be a price increase in the 8% range, due in September. I'd expect that would have some impact on used watch prices, but you never know in the wacky world of watches. The Swatch group is making some good dough lately.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Tommyboy is cool. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk