• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Kel's Collection

kel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
Rolex Submariner:
Joshua's Swiss Classic Black Sub. Super sweet. My main meat and potatos daily meal. Joshua is great.

Rolex Daytona:
From SilixWatch. The cheap version Daytona. No working chrono but for the price I think a lot of nice watch. As well, Jay and Angel stand behind even their cheaper products as they were more than willing to help resolve an issue with the "cheap" Daytona.

Rolex DayDate:
My Tijuana Rolex. The one that got me started. It's circa '93, quartz movement. The vendors would yell out "Seiko guts", "Seiko guts". They would also yell. "Hey Meester, Buy something nice for the neighbours wife, Hey Meester, buy a knife, kill your neighbour". I wonder if they still yell that....
A few things to note about the DayDate. The Crown emblem on the strap doesn't have the center "round" on the tip. The Rolex crown on the crown, was glued on and popped off and was lost long ago. The heft of the watch is nowhere near the heft of my new reps. It is in general pretty crappy :D
And with all that, there were plenty of people over the years that thought it was real.... :D It had it's time and it shone.... Now it's pretty beat up...

And for the non-reps

Perry Ellis:
A 30th birthday gift from my wife....

Seiko:
A graduation gift from my folks, way back when digital watches were still cool....

Timex:
It's seen a lot of mileage. And it's actually even done a triathlon....

Lucerne Divers:
A 15th birthday gift from my folks. I was learning to scuba at the time, so the watch has actually been used as a divers watch.
It got a lot of wear through my teenage years. The face is melted from being left on the dash of my car. The cracks in the face, seem to be the actual glass breaking down internally... Hasn't had a strap in a lot of years. Lots of nostalgia though...

Time:
And lastly, if you are still with me. A freebie I got with a time magazine subscription. Get it, it says "Time" on it... :D
Of all my watches it's the one that looks most like a Panerai...... :wink:

luisik

20/3/06
wow
that seiko will be very soon a collector's piece !
i saw one very close in a "twentieth century design history" exhibit.

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
WOW i remember when those ironman watches came out.....I wanted one so BAD...i could taste it........i forgot how old i was ........15 maby?.....good ol days....nice collection

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
:D
Id like to add....after thinking about it.....It was kinda refreshing to see pics posted of any ol watch....I enjoyed it...more than i thought....after returning....

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
Very nice....... and by the way, did you ever get around to killing your neighbor? LOL